German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Hello! Advice welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dongle's Mum

PostPosted: 03/30/08, 4:34 pm    Post subject: Hello! Advice welcome. Reply with quote

I am a GWP owner in the UK. Dongle is my second GWP. Our first was a beautiful boy that we called Chilli, who we were lucky enough to have rescued at 12 months old. Tragically Chilli died after only being with us for 19 months - he broke our hearts Crying or Very sad All of our dogs were rescue dogs, however having being lucky enough to have had Chilli in our lives, we searched for a GWP puppy and now have Dongle for our sins, he is 7 months old and keeping us busy.

Question is this, how big should we expect him to be at 7 months old? Chilli was a large GWP - around 27" at the shoulder and weighing in at 35kg, Dongle is currently around 22kg and 22" at the shoulder.

Any advice welcome.

Oh - and hello!

Smile
Dongle's Mum

PostPosted: 04/05/08, 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that my post has been read 43 times and yet not one of you have had the courtesy to reply. This is a forum where we all have one thing in common, our love of GWP, however it seems that the love of the breed does not naturally imply good manners - evidently!

What a friendly and welcoming forum!

Confused
dualgwp

PostPosted: 04/06/08, 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 7 mos. old, I would expect a GWP to be approx. 22-23 inches tall and weigh in around 40-50 lbs.

Best of luck with the new kid!
cjs180
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 04/07/08, 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have replied, however I do not remember how big my dog was at 7 months. I would guess others are in the same boat as I am.

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=482
little guy

PostPosted: 04/13/08, 9:56 am    Post subject: seems about right Reply with quote

My female is 6.5 months old. She weighs about 40 lbs and is 22-23" at the shoulders.

Take it easy on the forum. And have fun with your pup. Razz
Repoman

PostPosted: 04/13/08, 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My male was 57.5 pounds at 6 1/2 months. Shocked
little guy

PostPosted: 04/20/08, 9:47 am    Post subject: that's a big boy Reply with quote

What did he top out at?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: