German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

14 Wk. old pup peeing in it's sleep?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven

PostPosted: 01/17/08, 9:12 pm    Post subject: 14 Wk. old pup peeing in it's sleep? Reply with quote

Question
I've got an appt. to take our pup into the vet tomorrow. I've been letting her lounge on the couch and a chair in the living room and she's gotten up several times now from napping and left wet spots. Has anyone else experienced this with their pups? Crying or Very sad
raven

PostPosted: 01/22/08, 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no one responded to my post but in case anyone who read it was curious she has a UTI and is responding well to antibiotics. Now I know why house training was taking so long. She hasn't had an accident in the house at all since she started the antibiotics (even in her sleep). Hooray, now I have to teach her not to try and sneak food off the counter and jump on or mouth the children..... Confused
CA Huntin' Mom

PostPosted: 01/30/08, 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had that problem....but I am very glad ya found out the problem. She probably feels much better also....Lil Cuties

I did have the "counter surfing" problem.....my trainer said to put mouse
traps along the edge of the counter and cover them with aluminum foil.
When they touch the counter, the trap goes off and makes noise with the foil. If I had done that, I would never be able to use the counter?!
SO....I just watched him like a hawk and told him "off". But after a while
I could tell what he was thinking and remind him before he did it.
He would do a lot of that stuff to get attention.....got to lov'em. Razz
raven

PostPosted: 01/30/08, 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, not sure if I would try the mousetrap thing myself either. Her newest undesirable "antic" is humping my 4 year old. I was appalled to see her with her paws on his shoulders (they are the same height that way) and doing what I've seen male dogs do (can't recall ever seeing a female dog do that but my hubby says their poodle used to). My son didn't realize what she was doing, he said she was going for a piggy back ride. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: