German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

8 hr drive each way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michiganwoody

PostPosted: 12/20/07, 7:00 pm    Post subject: 8 hr drive each way! Reply with quote

My wife and I recently drove from Toronto to Annapolis Michigan to rescue the newest member of our family "Woody". We currently own a 12 yr old GWP (and recently lost our 13 yr old GSP), they had been together their whole lives. I found Woody on Petfinder and we decided to pack up the car and head west. We brought Chester our old boy along for the ride and for a meet and greet.

Woody 'was sick as a dog' when we saw him. He had fluid coming out everywhere and was covered in fleas. But even in that sickly state we could tell he was a 2 yr old beauty. He cost a whopping $43 to adopt! We drove him all the way home and he was a choir boy in the back of the car. I guess he was just happy to be free.

It's been 7 weeks now and he's happy and healthy. It cost us a few hundred more at the Vet to get him in shape, but he looks like a champ! He was only 50 lbs when we picked him up, and now he's up to 60. Chester still isn't a big fan, but we're crossing our fingers that things will work out. We're glad that we made the trip to Michigan and back, and Woody certainly is too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: