German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

On Point Photos needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Postman

PostPosted: 06/11/07, 9:51 pm    Post subject: On Point Photos needed. Reply with quote

I'm working with a wildlife artist (well know from the Twin Cities) and he has sent me an oil proof with a Shorthair on point with a Wirehair on honor. I am working with him to use two wirehairs (I talked to him at Pheasant Feast in Des Mones in Jan and that got a wirehair in this one). In any case, I don't like the angle of the heads on the dogs he has painted, I think the Wirehair's head is too high on the honor. Sad to say I don't have any real good photos of my Wirehair on honor.
What I am asking for is some photos of Wirehairs on point and on honor, to show the artist how a Wirehair should look. I AM NOT TELLING HIM HOW TO PAINT, but since I may have an opportunity for some input, I want to make get it right. If you can either post some good pictures here or email them to me at goodrich5632@mchsi.com, you might see some Wirehairs in some wildlife paintings!!!
Thanks in Advance.
Tom Goodrich
Leadhead
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/12/07, 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos sent to your e-mail address, hop they help
cjs180
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/15/07, 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a few pic's to you. Can send more if need be.

Chris

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=482
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 06/15/07, 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most dogs will honor with their head higher than when they are on point because they are watching the pointing dog.

BTW, there was a hunting dog artist at the TCGWP hunt test last weekend. I don't remember his name, but I recognized his work when I saw it.
Postman

PostPosted: 06/16/07, 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures and comments. The artist is James Meger, and his art has a main focus, but the unique part is that he hids various wildlife within the painting. I hope to have him use 2 Wirehairs, one pointing pheasants and one on honor in his next work. Once done, I'll post something in case anyone is interested in his work. I see very few Wirehair in wildlife art works (and would like to change that).
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: