German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Huntz and the 2800 mile journey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtkids316

PostPosted: 12/24/06, 10:47 am    Post subject: Huntz and the 2800 mile journey Reply with quote

A few weeks ago we found Huntz on petfinder. She was in Fon Du Lac, Wi. So I called the shelter on a Monday and was told to fill out an application and to call back later in the week. As they were going to give her a temperment test. At the same time a corespondence was started with Mary about Huntz. She had been trying to place Huntz for a couple of months. On Thursday I called the shelter back and talked to Renee, who told me huntz had done well on her temperment test. While on the phone, she approved our app. and told me to come down and look at Huntz. I told her that might be a problem as we lived just outside of Boise Idaho. After a short talk, we decided that if I could arrange a flight out of Milwakee, she would take Huntz down and put her on the plane. Renee was going to call me on Monday to let me know when Huntz was going to be spayed. Mary contacted me and was sorry to let me know that Huntz had an adoption pending. So I let Mary know it was us and filled her in on all the details. She offered to help with the costs of the airfare. On the next Tuesday Renee called to tell us something awesome. She worked part time for a shipping company, Quad Graphics, and they wanted to help bring Huntz to Boise. Well, Huntz arived at 2 a.m. this last Tuesday. From Fon Du Lac to Seattle to Portland to Boise. A 2800 mile journey and she did awesome. Our family has deciced that Huntz doesn't know that she is a GWP. She is an absolute darling, a quiet, gentle, affectionate dog. And she will play fetch non stop for as long as you can throw a ball. Go figure. What a wonderful addition to our family. A huge thank you to Mary, Renee and Dave the truck driver. For all the help and the blessing of Huntz.
The Edwards family.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 12/24/06, 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a wonderful and generous company Quad Graphics must be. And how great is it that Huntz get a new family for Christmas, and you all get a new best friend at the same time.

And a big thanks to Renee for going out of her way to help out as well!

Thanks for being dilligent and bringing him home.

I sent an email to Quad Graphics to thank them for their generosity. Here is their web site should anyone else wish to thank them.

Best of luck to all of you!
Bernee Brawn

PS...bless all you hardworking rescue folks, you will have many many friends waiting for you someday when you get to heaven.
marymurr
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 12/25/06, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason...

I was thinking about calling you this weekend! How tremendous this all worked out. I am just so happy for Huntz, as she looked so much like my Bianka, just was so concerned for her. I am just thrilled this all worked out so well, and she is finally home. I will also send a "Thank you" to the company...what a great thing they did.

Thank you for sharing this...it made my day. I am in Ft. Worth with my elderly father for the Holidays, and this really brightened my day!

Mary
www.gwpca.com
"A Licensed Shelter/Fosterhome network for Wires in Need"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: