German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

blood in stool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robp

PostPosted: 10/23/06, 9:47 am    Post subject: blood in stool Reply with quote

last couple of times we been out hunting I have noticed a streak of blood in my 18 month old gwp stool. i check his stool on a regular basis and do'nt see this when we in town under less physically demanding situations, only when he's out working hard. Blood is light color and appears to be on the outside and end of the turd. any ideas on whats going on? We're heading to the vet this week
Jon
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 10/26/06, 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not unususal for dogs under stress to have "frank blood in the stool. If the stool is well formed and the dog shows no other symptoms of disease or infection, I would assume that is what it is. However, I would still run a fecal test with your vet and just have a quick check up. I had a bitch years ago that would show a little blood in her stool for the first week of hunting in ND and then it would disappear. Better be safe and see the vet-but that's all it may be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: