German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

chattering teeth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elaine

PostPosted: 05/09/06, 11:57 am    Post subject: chattering teeth Reply with quote

Hello
I have "two" two year old male GWP. Both fixed. I do not hunt with them. They go on long walks every day. Kept in the house when we are gone with no chewing or any other kind of problems, they have a big back yard and my husband and I are young and retired. They are great clowns. Would never give them up.

But I am having a problem with one of them. He chatters his teeth, seems to be only when resting, mostly at night. When i talk to him he seems to stop the chattering, after a few seconds with only trying to chatter again and then he is fine. It almost seems like his ears or jaw itch so bad, that he does this to relieve the itch, but I don't know. It seems when i touch him around the ears or jaw is when he starts chattering and scraching his ears. Both dogs, Yaeger and Blitz, had a yeast infection in their ears. We have had Yager, now four times to the vet, two times for a yeast infection in ears, which where both rechecks after the medicine ran out. then the vet found a tick deep down inside ear, and finally for a bacteria in his ears, all two week rechecks. Vet says allergies, or brain mass, Brain mass no way, he acts normal except for the chattering. His ears are clean as can be, and so are the Blitz's ears too, after all the meds to get rid of the yeast. I do not want to give any more antibiotics, since I feel this just starts the yeast process back up again. So I started Nzymens which is an antioxidant and restore the ph back into the system.The chattering doesn't seem to hurt him, no shakes anywhere else on his body, just chattering. I need to know why.

I have changed his food from Nutro to Eagle Pack duck and oatmeal, so now both of them get it. Also I have started a detox with a product called Nzymens. It has been two weeks since the change in food and Nzymens. The chattering is still here. But I am seeing the puppy coming back, he plays harder and acts like a clown. I am worried about him, his brother does not chatter. Any ideas would be great, Thanks Elaine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: