German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Logo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennyh

PostPosted: 04/03/06, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Logo Reply with quote

Hello,
I was just looking at this web site today and I was very suprised to see the logo of the dog on point that you are using on your rescue merchandise. http://www.cafepress.com/gwprsq.16010816

I believe that is a photo from my web site of my Drahthaar Gabby vom tapferen Herzen that you have used without my permission. It would be the fourth photo down in the left colume http://meadowlakes.us/drahthaar.htm

Certainly there must be thousands of photos of GWPs you could have selected from instead?

Jenny Horstman
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess to me it looks like a black & white ink drawing of wirehair on point. If it is a drawing it's a pretty generic image of what a GWP on point looks like - I doubt it's been stolen from you.

For the record, although they may call themselves 'GWP Rescue' the group has taken care of a number of 'GWPs' with tattoo's in their ears over the years. If it looks like a GWP or DD or Griffon or PP or some kind of mix of any of these - they help the dog out.

Deb

PS - Gabby is a lovely dog, I can see why you're so proud of her.
jennyh

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is is my photo and they did not have the right to use it on their merchandise without my permission.
Jenny
FCwire

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 2:59 pm    Post subject: Good luck with that Reply with quote

The mask is different, but nice try.
jennyh

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for removing the products.
Jenny
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenny,

It would seem by the mysterious disappearance of the merchandise that I was wrong and you were correct in your suspicions. My sincere apologies.

Deb

Last edited by Deb Finstad on 04/05/06, 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DDman

PostPosted: 04/04/06, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do a lot worse than picking Gabby as your mascot. She is a pretty fine animal.
luvgspgwp

PostPosted: 04/05/06, 2:47 pm    Post subject: Logo Reply with quote

My name is Carol Schauer. The caf├ępress store mentioned in this thread is mine. It has nothing to do with the GWPCA. The money earned does go directly to a GWP rescue. Several months ago I posted on email lists asking for photos to be used to help rescue. The photo of the dog I used was sent to me with permission to use as needed.
I had no reason to doubt the sender of the image. Yesterday it was brought to my attention that you were upset about the image. Since I did not save the original email and photo I felt it best to remove the picture. I was sent a link to your web site today and was made aware of the posts here. The photo I used was a liver and white dog on winter grass. I made it black and white with a filter. Did some cropping, painting and etc. in a photo editing program.
I am sorry that you felt a picture of your dog had been stolen and used without your permission. I can see why you thought that. But it truly was not the case.
Sincerely,
Carol Schauer
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 04/06/06, 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why was the product removed?
jennyh

PostPosted: 04/06/06, 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Carol, I know you didn't mean any harm. Thanks for the great work you and Mary do with rescue.

Jenny Horstman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: