German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Fuzzy head?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerily

PostPosted: 03/23/06, 10:25 pm    Post subject: Fuzzy head? Reply with quote

Hi. My 15 month old GWP has a VERY fuzzy head, looks nothing like the smooth headed good looking GWPs posted throughout this site. His mom and dad both had nice heads and the rest of coat is very nice. Someone accused him of being a Griffon, much to my dismay! Is this unusual? Are you supposed to strip his head too? If so, any tips?
CaptGCA

PostPosted: 03/24/06, 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi: Out of my three GWP's, my second one looked just like a Griffon. He had long hair and lots of it. He was also a great dog! I've seen litters of GWP's with all different color types and hair length. They're still good dogs except in the show ring. George
shadowrocke

PostPosted: 03/24/06, 8:00 am    Post subject: fuzzy heads are awesome Reply with quote

I have a wirehair that is many times mistaken for a griffon also. He is very long haired and has a very fuzzy head. The more hair that they have the more I love them. Actually I have some of each hair type that you could possibly have; from the smooth tight coat to the long and shaggy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: