German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

I picked up my GWP last week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outdoorsman
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 03/17/03, 4:27 pm    Post subject: I picked up my GWP last week. Reply with quote

Well after years of kicking the tires, I finally got my dog last week. He is an 10 week old GWP. So far he is training me well. I figure I would give him a little bit of time to get to know the family before we started on any serious training. I don't really think he is ready to handle much other than his name and maybe the come command.
cheerio

PostPosted: 03/17/03, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulation on your new puppy. What an exciting time for your family and for your pup. I was just wondering. Your breeder wouldn't have a little female left by any chance.
As far as your comment as to what puppy can handle at 10 weeks, I just wanted to say that I usualy start my pups on tracking at around 10 weeks. They just love it. At 12 weeks, We start playing hide and seek and... not to pee in the house anymore. They learn very well.
outdoorsman
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 03/18/03, 9:00 am    Post subject: I picked up my GWP last week. Reply with quote

We are really happy with our little guy so far. I know I am not suppose to take him on walks until he gets his next set of shots, but I have been just taking him around the block. He is getting use to te collar. and now he runs up on the training table. So once I start training, I won't be battling those 2 things.

The breeder only has 1 male left. That was of last week. If you are interested, I can give you her contact info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: