German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

7 yr old GWP - steady to wing & shot needs a home ASAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> RESCUE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Barrett

PostPosted: 05/26/05, 12:49 pm    Post subject: 7 yr old GWP - steady to wing & shot needs a home ASAP Reply with quote

My name is Mike Barrett. In 1974 or 1975 I was President of the FDGWPC. I now have a 7 yr old Treberwolf GWP that is very birdy and steady to wing & shot. He retrieves to hand. I am moving and unable to take TY with me. He is a great companion, lives well in the house and has never been destructive.

I want to give him to someone who appreciates the breed and would care for and hunt him as he deserves.

I must give him away asap as I am moving on June 8, 2005. If anyone is interested in a great dog for free, please contact me at 248-374-1292.

Best regards,
Mike Barrett
ljo

PostPosted: 03/26/08, 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name is Linas Orentas. I adopted Ty from Mike Barrett 3 years ago. Unforunately, my situation has changed and I am looking to give him to a home without small children where he would be cared for and hunted.

Reason for the "no small children" rule - Ty took a nip at my 8-year-old Easter Sunday. Slight bruise, no broken skin. Yes, house was full of 20 guests, stressful situation, etc, Nonetheless, I feel it best for Ty to be placed in a home without children under 10 years age.

He is the same great dog, strong hunter, faithful companion indicated in Mike's original post below. This breed of GWPs live to 15-17 years. Ty is very healthy, spry, and energetically pursues upland game with style.

Would appreciate any help re/cross-posting Ty's availability.

Feel free to contact me via PM and I will provide additional information including my telephone number.

Thanks to all.
Linas Orentas
Appliance Brad

PostPosted: 03/26/08, 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linas, where are you located? We are in south central MI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> RESCUE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: