German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Great Dog... Looking for Great Home

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Indiana Mitch

PostPosted: 05/11/05, 6:26 am    Post subject: Great Dog... Looking for Great Home Reply with quote

Hello Gang,

Not sure if any of you remember me, and/or Sophie... the great little GWP that came into my possession near the end of 2002.

Sophie, born June 6, 2002, is a spayed pure-bred GWP that stands about 23 inches at the shoulder and weighs a little over 50 pounds. She's completely house-broken... a good watch dog... and perfectly healthy in every way.

Here's some photos:

http://www.brightsites.com/pets/sophie.html

Sophie has proven to be a wonderful bird dog and a great family member.

She points and retrieves reliably and has never shown the least amount of aggression toward anyone or anything. She's even best friends with our two cats... one of which who loves to swat Sophie in the whiskers until Sophie wrestles with her.

She's a GREAT dog and I truly love her, which is why I'm trying to find her a better home.

I'm looking for a serious bird hunter and GWP lover to give Sophie the attention and time afield she deserves.

It breaks my heart to type this... but it's the best thing for Sophie. Allow me to explain.

I lost my job in 2001 and I've been working for myself ever since. We're surviving... but the amount of time and attention that I've had to put into growing my business, coupled with the lack of funds to keep Sophie active in shooting sports and additional training has been hard on her.

Sophie deserves to be with someone that will run her weekly... or daily. Someone who will get her into birds as much as possible. Someone that will allow her to be IN THE HOUSE, sharing their life with her.

My wife and I are probably going to have to move in with my mom during the next year. All three of my kids are pretty much grown and gone... so perhaps over the next 5 years my business will grow enough... and things will work out so I'll have a home out of the suburbs... and perhaps I'll take up hunting again. Then, perhaps, I'll find another great canine companion and have the time to chase birds and stand in awe at rock-solid points. But for now... I need to ignore my selfish desires to keep Sophie as a house-pet... and find her a place to fulfill her desire to hunt.

I'll be watching this post to if the right person is out there. I'll warn you, though -- I'm going to be picky about who gets this sweet little dog.
LCorder

PostPosted: 10/01/05, 1:06 pm    Post subject: Have you found a home yet. Reply with quote

Mitch.

Have you found a home for Sophie yet? I just found this board. Send me an e-mail. I am interested.

LC
Indiana Mitch

PostPosted: 10/01/05, 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you found a home yet. Reply with quote

LCorder wrote:
Mitch.

Have you found a home for Sophie yet? I just found this board. Send me an e-mail. I am interested.

LC
Actually... after much more thought, I've decided to keep Sophie. Thanks for asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: