German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

I looking for a GWP Trainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColbyHammonds

PostPosted: 02/20/05, 11:16 pm    Post subject: I looking for a GWP Trainer Reply with quote

I'm looking for some good referrals for an experienced GWP trainer. What I would like is to find a trainer for my GWP that will train him for several months to get him ready for the first season. Of course, I will need some training also to maintain the correct commands/standard during hunting season. Then I'm expecting to return my GWP back to the experienced trainer for refresher training for a few weeks each year after that.

My GWP is currently 4 months old, loves the woods and loves to retreiving. I don't expect to win any National Championship but I would like to enter him into several Field Trials. Quial and Duck hunting is want I'm looking for. Any referrals within a thousand miles of North Carolina.

I'm looking for a GWP trainer so, please help me. Please send referrals to colby.hammonds@us.army.mil

Colby
Cary, NC

My GWP will be used for both Ducks and Quails.
cheerio

PostPosted: 02/25/05, 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you discussed it with the breeder? Sometimes, the breeder is in a position to do the training, or may know someone he trusts. You could also join a club and do the training yourself, it can be a lot of fun!...
ColbyHammonds

PostPosted: 03/26/05, 12:27 am    Post subject: Looking for an experienced German Wirehaired Trainer! Reply with quote

Still looking for an experienced German Wirehaired trainer. My puppy is currently 5 months old and in need of someone much smarter than me. We duck hunt and quail hunt just not together yet.
Anyone within 600 miles from North Carolina. Please provide references. Contact information colby.hammonds@us.army.mil or 919.818.3430.

Thank you,

Colby

My GWP will be used for both Ducks and Quails.
FLITTERBUG

PostPosted: 05/23/06, 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your hunting.....Be very careful in choosing a trainer....Go look at their kennels. Pictures and what they tell you can be very decieving...also, get the schedule of the day for your dog...you don't want them kept in a kennel all day with no exercise...also, do you want them left in their urine and fecies all day....
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/24/06, 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby,

I sent you a message a while back privately and told you I am not training any longer. A good buddy of mine lives in Summerville, SC and trains. He only takes in about 4 dogs at a time as they stay in his house with him and his family. He has finished a couple GSPs in AKC Master Hunter tests and has worked with a couple GWPs as well. If your interested you can contact him through this email address: gsps@knology.net
jjdugan

PostPosted: 07/22/06, 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trainer I used for my two wires specializes in our breed. He does not like to take dogs in to around the age of two years old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: