German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

whistle commands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prariedog

PostPosted: 01/20/05, 11:29 pm    Post subject: whistle commands Reply with quote

I have been using a single long blast for direction change and a couple of short tweet,tweets for come all the way in and sit in front of me. Does anybody know if there is a "standard" set of whistle commands I ought to be using instead. Seems like I picked these up out of a wolters book. Also, any other whistle commands I ought to be using for a pointing dog?
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/22/05, 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What your are doing is just fine. There is no written rules for whistle commands. If you where working a Lab or other water dog 1 long blast means turn and sit. What ever works for you is fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: