German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Nationals Water Test results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/05/04, 9:04 pm    Post subject: Nationals Water Test results Reply with quote

Just looked at the results of the 2004 Nationals Water Test and noticed my dog, Mason Creek's High Voltage was not on the list of qualifiers. How do I get this corrected since he did pass and should be included on that list?
Janet
maverickdvm

PostPosted: 11/05/04, 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine wasn't listed either. And I know he passed, he retrieved the bird and delivered it to hand in a heel position. He was just showing off.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/06/04, 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM the Admin.
birddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/06/04, 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernee, I will do that. I am sure this is just an oversite
Thanks,Janet
admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 11/07/04, 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birddog wrote:
Just looked at the results of the 2004 Nationals Water Test and noticed my dog, Mason Creek's High Voltage was not on the list of qualifiers. How do I get this corrected since he did pass and should be included on that list?
Janet

maverickdvm wrote:
Mine wasn't listed either. And I know he passed, he retrieved the bird and delivered it to hand in a heel position. He was just showing off.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the oversite, please contact the Webmaster at the following email: web_master@gwpca.com. The error will be passed on to the right person.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

GWPCA Administrator
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/08/04, 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky
Have you done this with you dog(s)? Please tell us about it
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/10/04, 10:43 am    Post subject: UKC test Reply with quote

I ran my wire this week end and a UKC retriever test in SC. She did great passed both days. 40 yrd water marks and 55 yrd land marks. I walked up to the line on Sunday and the judge ask me what kind of dog I had. I think the GWP club has made a bad mistake in the way they set up the water test. Why did ya'll make it where ONLY a weim club or GWP club can have the test? As long as a pointer club follows the standards set any club should be able to have the test. I have had wires for 15 years and have put many hunt test titles from master to junior on many dogs and I am really thinking about getting out of Wires because Ya'll have made it so tough to find a water test why bother. Down here in the south we can't just go up to any body of water and train. With all the gators we have you can lose a dog very fast. It's just not worth the risk. Maybe the powers that be might make some changes on the tests and let other clubs have the test. I really don't mind doing a water test lets just make it more realistic. The only water test I can find on the whole east coast right how is The tar heel weim club is the only club having it is because I ask them too.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/10/04, 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We" didn't make it so GWP and Weim clubs were the only clubs able to hold a test. GWP's and Weims are the only breeds that need a water test to achieve a Field Championship, therefore they are the only two clubs that hold water tests!

GWP's are the only breed that need a water test for a HT title.

I'm sorry you feel that you may get out of the breed because it's more difficult for us to achieve a title than other breeds, we would hope you would appreciate that it is more difficult for our breed... and therefore appreciate that water is an important aspect for our breed and we should strive to keep it important.

Where did you run in this test you are talking about? Why couldn't a club use that ground or water? The fact is, we need a GWP club or two in the south. Unless that happens, the southern folks will always have a difficult time.
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/10/04, 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I don't appreciate the water test to make the breed better. It's that most weim clubs do a water test on there own. But since it does not run with a hunt test. Ya'll or the AKC won't let use take place in it. the local weim club here said that they wanted to have a water test but since the water was not on the same grounds that they could not have the test. Like I said water down here with out gators is hard to find. The closest GWP club is in Delaware. And there not even having a water test. I had 4 legs in senior since last fall but can't get to a water test till Feb 2005. Most of the weim clubs I talked to don't even know about our test. And since there dog don't need a water test for a SH or MH there really not willing to have a water test.
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 11/11/04, 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine any club could hold a water test if they wanted to as long as they followed the rules. Confused

How many retrievers were eaten by gators at the UKC event?
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/11/04, 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None all private water that very closely watched and managed. if a gator shows up he checks out very quickly. I wish all pointer clubs could hold water test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: