German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Slow website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/14/04, 6:14 pm    Post subject: Slow website Reply with quote

Any ideas why the website hasn't been updated since June? There are no rescue dogs listed, yet I know that they are out there. Who is running the website now?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheerio

PostPosted: 09/14/04, 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddog, I think you may have a problem. There have been a number of new topics, answers, and new rescues since June. Quite a few actually. I am no weez with computer which remains in my home known as the "Frustration Box" so I cannot tell you how to fix it. Perhaps you should contact the administrator directly.

However, you are right, the forum has gotten a lot slower since the change of hands. This is to be expected after being unavailable for a few weeks, people are not always patient or do not necessarily realize that we have reoppened our doors. Be patient, with a little time people will come back and new members will continue to join...
Eric
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/15/04, 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddog, I too was having trouble accessing this board after the change over. In the 'help' function on this site it gives direction on what to do if you are having trouble. All I needed to do was clear my browser. Hope this helps.
maddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/15/04, 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back on the board was a bit crazy and uncalled for. Evil or Very Mad I wasn't talking about the forum with the rescues, etc..., but the actual website, www.gwpca.com. Seems like nothing has changed, never any updates. Does anyone know who is actually doing this? Are we getting what we pay for?

Steve
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trackindog
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 09/24/04, 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW - the time it takes to navigate this site is unbelievable. I am terribly disappointed as I used to love coming out here and reading the posts. But the wait every time you enter is just unreal. And that is with high speed DSL at home and at work. I just don't have the time or the patience to sit and watch the bar at the bottom of the screen.

This is really unfortunate as I wonder how many other people it has chased away? This is an awesome place for us to talk about and get info about our GWP's but until the speed is fixed there will be a lot less to read.

Ann
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/26/04, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not having any problems with the speed of the site, but I do have to login to the message board every time instead of being logged in automatically.

It would be nice to see a current "Top Ten" list instead of list that has been there since 2001. Rolling Eyes
cheerio

PostPosted: 10/01/04, 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering why we did not see you more often on the board Ann. We miss you!

I guess I am as lucky as Tony since I have had no problem with the speed and I am on Dial up...
I also agree about the inconvenience of having to sign in at each visit in order to reply to a post.
May I also suggest that not being able to edit our own post is also very ennoying, especially for those like me who were not born English speaking and for whom the English language still requires a little thought before recognizing a gramatical, syntax or spelling mistake! Would be nice to be able to correct it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: