German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

2004 GWPCA All Star Invitational

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dualgwp

PostPosted: 06/26/04, 7:13 am    Post subject: 2004 GWPCA All Star Invitational Reply with quote

Once again the GWPCA will be holding our All Star Invitational with this years National Events in Ionia MI.

The All Star is an event to showcase and honor all of those dogs (and of course their owners and breeders) who have achieved the pinnacle of success in both show and field events/competitions. It is a wonderful opportunity for GWP fanciers to see our "stars". We invite everyone to join us to honor these dogs.

It will be held Friday evening, 5:30 to completion in the same building as our National Specialty show. A light supper will be available ringside courtesey of an unknown sponsor (we're working on donations, hint, hint!)

The event is open to all GWP's who have achieved the following titles before the entries close:
Dual Champion
Champion/Amateur Field Champion
Champion /Master Hunter
Champion/NAVHDA UT Prize 1

The dogs will be judged by a panel of 3 judges who shall remain secret until the evening of the event. Judges will be judging the dogs using the breed standard and will use a point schedule. The dogs will be judged on General Appearance, Structure, Movement and Coat. Each category includes many factors which make the GWP unique and functional for his job.

The dog with the highest number of points will be named the winner. The wininng dogs name will be announced Sunday night at the Awards Banquet where they will be presented with a beautiful trophy. Each participant will receive a stunning rossette with his/her name engraved on it.

The 1st Invitational was held in Lincoln Nebraska in 2001 and was a great success with 14 dogs entered. We had almost all of the living DC's there, and many Ch/MH's.

For more information on the All Star Invitational, please feel free to contact me.
Bernee Brawn
justagwp@tradenet.net

PS... a special entry packet will be mailed to all GWPCA members soon.
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 06/26/04, 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you posted this in the wrong forum, Bernee. This looks more like a Conformation Event than a Field Event.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 06/26/04, 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is a conformation event for our field proven dogs! It's a chance for those who have worked hard to prove their dogs both against the breed standard, and as working dogs.

It's also a chance for everyone to see them gathered together in one place.
ME
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/26/04, 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about

HRCH / UT1 / MH dogs
dualgwp

PostPosted: 06/27/04, 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME
Great accomplishments! But sorry, gotta have that Ch as well.
ME
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/27/04, 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HRCH / UT1 / MH dog

There is a CH there Wink ...Oh sorry Embarassed ,, it is hunting related, Shocked my bad Crying or Very sad ,,
dualgwp

PostPosted: 06/27/04, 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, very impressive!!!!!!
You not bad, we hope to see your dog in this event one day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: