German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

blank guns/starter pistols

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin

PostPosted: 02/24/04, 5:44 pm    Post subject: blank guns/starter pistols Reply with quote

Hello All,

I'm having some trouble in the department of finding .22 caliber starter pistols. Everyone I've found has actually been 6mm. The Winchester 22 short blanks that are available locally do not fit in the chamber of these pistols. Any recommendations???

Calvin
Oregongwp

PostPosted: 02/24/04, 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Cabellas
Vom Britt
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/10/05, 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvin, New England firearms makes a well built starter pistol. It is more expensive than other brands, but you will have fewer problems with it. I have used mine for over ten years without any problems. Also, with this pistol it will accept 22 cal. stud gun loads. You can find these loads at a farm & fleet, Menards etc. I usually use the lighter, brown or gray loads, and have also used the heavier green without any problems. They are less expensive than the traditional short crimped load, come in a box of 100 for less than $4.00.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: