German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

NAVHDA and AKC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dualgwp

PostPosted: 02/15/04, 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just couldn't stand to be proven incorrect in your statements huh Jon? It was you in a post right here that said, and I shall place it in quotes for you....
"Please name the VCs and UT 1 owned by GWPCA members.'

So a couple of us did some homework and we names some.

and then you stated
" I doubt there are five UT dogs among the GWPCA membership."

so again we named more than five, some of which were indeed sired by the dreaded "nazi" field trialers dogs? Oh my, how in the world would that ever happen?

You see Jon, although you believe you have the corner on the knowledge of everything GWP, maybe there are a few of us that also have some knowledge.

And I am surprised that anyone with a DD would breed to a lowly GWP since it is strictly verbotten in the VDD system. Gee, VDD folks that maybe aren't all on the same page?

I want to apologize to the rest of the people on this board that wish to learn, to participate, to work for and with others who like this breed. This quibbling is just nonsense, and Jon can rant and rave all he wants from here on in. I love my dogs, I have good dogs, and I have some WHITE dogs. The day you ever breed any as good Jon, we'll sit down and compare.

Bye,bye
Bernee Brawn
Justa GWP's
who by the way played the UT game once and can't say it was all the difficult.
Keith
Master
Master

PostPosted: 02/16/04, 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, a lot of bashing of kennels goes on here. I am kind of glad I don't know everyone else here and their dogs. I have bought dogs from many different backgrounds. Almost all of them have made good hunting dogs. I can see the value of the DD club but I don't think AKC dogs are all bad either. The truth is in the hunting. All I ask of a dog is it finds my birds and points them and retrieves them on land and water. I also like to see good tracking skills. I have been able to find these qualities from different dogs bred in many different kennels. I think a lot of it is in the training. I think I could buy a good dog from most of you all and turn it into a good versatile gundog. You have to remember too that what is needed in one region of the country will not be exactly what is needed in another. We are hunting different game birds in different terrains. These regional differences are unavoidable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: