German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Shoulder Soreness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambarman

PostPosted: 11/11/03, 12:53 am    Post subject: Shoulder Soreness Reply with quote

I have an exteremely athletic 8 month old female GWP. She is showing a lot of promise as an all rounder. When I tell her its play time, she takes off like a lunatic doing all that pup stuff; jumping over logs, embankments and generally being very boisterous. Recently, I have noticed that she pulls up with a sore right shoulder after these episodes. I've had her to the local greyhound massure who tells me this is normal with young dogs. Has anyone else had similar experience? Question
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 11/11/03, 12:47 pm    Post subject: Shoulder Soreness Reply with quote

Hi,

My 14 month old female has the same problem after she has been playing too hard. I have had her to the doggy massage therapist, that seems to help. It is on her right side. I have found that by giving her baby asprin, she does much better.

The vet said she would eventually outgrow this problem.

Cathy
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 11/11/03, 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 7-month old pup with the same problem. I was hunting with a vet and he told me to have her x-rayed for OCD. After $700 and 3 months recovery (the whole hunting season), she was as good as new.
sambarman

PostPosted: 11/11/03, 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

Cheers,

Sambarman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: