German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

GWPCA annual meeting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinchy
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/30/03, 6:04 pm    Post subject: GWPCA annual meeting Reply with quote

Did anyone attend the meeting on 9-27-03? Did the issue of Black GWP`s get discussed? And if it was ,were there any desicision`s made?
Black & White German Wirehaired Pointers
showgwp

PostPosted: 09/30/03, 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I was most definitely looking forward to the meeting. I had to pull out of the trip at the last minute. My pup cut his paw and was not moving soundly. I was also so looking forward to showing in the Sweepstakes.
Chinchy
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 12/12/03, 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can`t believe after all the heated disscussion`s on the black issue no-one has made any post`s about what happened at the meeting!!
Black & White German Wirehaired Pointers
dualgwp

PostPosted: 12/13/03, 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the Annual meeting this issue was discussed. However, while it could be discussed, according to the by-laws of the club, nothing could be done. The only way the breed standard can be changed for our club is for a standards committee to be formed and then that committee give it's recomendations to the Board which then must be presented to the entire membership to be voted upon.

According to the board, a committee is being put together and we will just have to wait and see what is recommended.

Ms Nahorn did come to the meeting and put on a presentation which helped many understand her concerns. If nothing else, maybe it got the board moving.

The minutes of the meeting I believe were printed in this last issue of the Wire News.

Dualgwp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: