German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

GGGRRRRRRR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmmoMike
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 3:41 am    Post subject: GGGRRRRRRR Reply with quote

Hmmm how to say this nicely.

I DONT LIKE MY NEIHBORS! they let their irish setter (i think) run rampant. They open their back gate and into my back yard it goes. Wether we are out there or not.

Deja really enjoys the outdoors, but the other day this irish setter charged at her, Deja made a beeline for the back door. this isnt the first time either, the dog fails to listen to her most of the time, last friday the dogs were out in the back so we go into the front, when two of my buddies showed up her two dogs ran at all of us. They seem to be friendly and all that, but when a dog i dont know runs at me i tend to get a little worried. when she finally got there, she didnt even say sorry, or anything of the sort. she just looked at me and my friends like we were the cause of the problem... BAH, she makes me MAD!!!

Mike
dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an old saying... bad fences make bad neighbors... or something to that effect.

Unfortunatley, you probably need to invest in a fence of your own, before you and your neighbors become enemies. Just bite the bullet and do it.

I don't think most people realize how annoying their dogs can be (just like their kids) when they are invading your yard, it's not that they are nasty, just ignorant. And too many today think the world revolves around them and theirs.

If you need to, you can "teach" her dogs not to come into your yard. Every time you see them heading your way, run at them, throw rocks at them, yell like a banshee... if the dogs don't get the idea they are not welcome, maybe your neighbor will.

Or, ask your neighbor to try to keep her dogs home.... or..... ask her to bring them over and introduce her dogs to your puppy. At least this way they will all be familiar with each other and no one will get injured.

Lots of ways to skin that cat.
Dualgwp
Eric
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya - I couldnt resist giving you a suggestion that worked like a charm when I had troubles with the neighbor's dog.

I did not want to punish the dog that kept trespassing, but still wanted to get the message across to the bad owner. One day the dog was in my yard so I called him over and gave him a pat. I had a mixture of rotten eggs, and manure from the compost ready which I massaged into his coat. He obviously loved it - the horrible smell was like perfume to him. I then sent him on his merry way. Moments later he had obviously re-entered his home through his doggie door as a shreek rocked the neighbourhood. She (the owner) spent that afternoon bathing him in the backyard which I could see he thoroughly enjoyed. Next day the carpet cleaners arrived.

Now the pooch is never allowed to wander free. The owner seems to have no idea as she still waves and smiles. I wave and smile back. Everyone is happy.
cheerio

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the very same problem with my neighbours' 6 dogs!. After trying everything including putting them in my kennel hoping that my neighbours would worry so much that they would keep a better eye on them (of course it did not work). They simply did not get it...untill one day, I told the lady that I was training my dogs for poison proofing and that my method involved putting in my yard from times to times poisoned bates designed to make my dogs very sick if they touched it. I added that of course, since my dogs had received the preliminary training, they would would be reminded of the lesson after touching one piece of bate so they would not be at risk, however, her dogs would likely eat more that one and that would for sure kill them. Strangely enough, the following day, they put up an electric wire at their property line and I have never seen the dogs again!...
axjms

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric you are a genius! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: