German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

How many of you guys show your GWP in conformation classes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANGUS
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/08/03, 3:38 pm    Post subject: How many of you guys show your GWP in conformation classes? Reply with quote

Hi there,I just wanted to know how many on this board showed their dogs at shows in the conformation class.
I haven't shown for many years now ,and I am just starting with my new guy.Angus is now 15 months old,we have had some refresher classes in dog showmanship,and I think we are just about ready.Angus is about 27,28 inches tall.a lovlely dark liver and white tick coat,he has a solid head with a nice white X on his nose.
He still needs to put on a few more lbs,but we are getting there.He came from a german breeder and still has his tail.as Europe and Australia and I think England has the no crop or dock law.
his coat is pretty good so I have not done much stripping at all.just a bit around his face to tidy and define.
he has a very happy go luck additude so I think we should do well.
he is very smart.and passed his 1st obedence class at age 10 months,so I want to hold off now and see how we do in conformation.
so let me know ,and if anyone has and show stores please share.
PS he is a very strong hunter. we are learning to hunt with hawks and eagles.that is way to much fun.
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 09/08/03, 4:55 pm    Post subject: GWP in Confirmantion Class Reply with quote

Hi,

I have shown my wires in confirmation classes for the past 8 years. It is a blast! I also do agility, obedience, hunt test & field trials. I run them in the field even while I am showing them in breed classes.

Good Luck & Have Fun!
maverickdvm

PostPosted: 09/08/03, 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wire that is also named Angus that is 14 months old. He shows in conformation when it fits in his field schedule. It has been excellent socialization for him as well.
cheerio

PostPosted: 09/09/03, 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only had rescues, so no, I have never entered the conformation ring with them.
I had trained Cheerio as a SAR dog and she worked on the volunteer team with our local police. She was absolutely extraordinary. None of my Belgians ever came close.
Comtesse, is another story. Obesity management will be her first activity I think. Then, we'll see...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: