German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Pic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmmoMike
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/02/03, 8:49 am    Post subject: Pic Reply with quote

Ok guys Deja now has a web site, mainly for my family who wanted to know what goes on in my life, but a pic is on the home page. It is a really crappy pic cause it is very cloudy here today and the house we livew in on base was built in like the 40s and has really bad lighting in it, so dont giggle to much at the poor quality of the picture.

WWW.Deja.4mg.com

is the web site so go and check it out and mill around a bit if you like. I just started the site last night so there isnt alot to it yet.

Mike
Anne
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/02/03, 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh!!! I just want to pick her up and hug her. She is beautiful! Her eyes are so loving, curious and unassuming. Make sure to keep us up to date. We'll be there for you through your most tender moments and those tough "adolesent" times. They all contribute to the bond with our best friends and we are honored to share them with you.

Anne and Riley
Chinchy
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/02/03, 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike
I am not trying to offend,but that puppie appears to be very thin! I take it you have just recieved her? Did the breeders provide a Vet check with the pup`s? Even if they did have the puppies examined,did they give you a record of shot`s and the # of times they were wormed? Sometimes pictures can be decieving but the puppy look`s in need of worming to me!! You should have your vet check her over especially for worm`s, parasites can be very harmful to young pup`s and affect their health rapidily! Better safe than sorry!
Black & White German Wirehaired Pointers
AmmoMike
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/02/03, 10:29 pm    Post subject: Pic Reply with quote

Yea we just got her on sunday and they dewormed her on the 16th of Aug. The breeder told us she was not a very aggressive eater in the litter, but all seems well with the vet.. No offence taken.
Illona
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 09/04/03, 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I can't WAIT to see more pictures!! What a doll...even though she's probably a boney hug right now.

And do you have any photos of Millie?

Mike, have you considered feeding raw? I'm not sure if you were on the whole raw-discussion we had on another thread. My girl -- adopted at 7 mos -- was always skinny. Too skinny, but healthy. She's been on raw for 16 weeks now, and her weight is awesome, not to mention her muscle.

Illona
AmmoMike
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/04/03, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Pic Reply with quote

No no pics of milli 8( but if you make deja all liver roan she will look just like milli.

We have thought about Raw food. But we also came to the conclusion that it is a little expensive for us right now. We did find science deit natutal (or something to the effect) by reading the label it has most of what raw would have..
Illona
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 09/04/03, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mike,

Feeding raw can cost a little more, depending on what your dog can eat. Feeding 50/50 chicken and beef could cost you as little as $1-1.25/day, provided you buy in bulk and freeze. Plus there are arguments that will say that the raw-fed dog is a much healthier dog and therefore doesn't require huge vet bills down the road. But this isn't -- in any way -- me trying to convince you. I feel each owner has to make their own decision.

Having said that, I feel each owner should make a well-informed choice. I have tried Science Diet and other vet-recommended brands, and one of them almost killed my dog, her allergies and reaction was so severe. She stopped eating for an entire week, and she was already on the verge of looking like your girl.

When you've got some time, could you check out this website:
http://www.doberdogs.com/
This guy is AWESOME. The site is extremely extensive and might take some time to sift through, however, I think you'll be hardpressed to find as good and as objective a source for dog food comparison.

My current girl did horrible on dry processed foods, but did the best on Solid Gold Holistique (which is a fish-based protein -- salmon, white fish, herring). Innova's another excellent one; I've had great success with in a previous dog. There are so many 'all natural' and 'human grade' kibbles out there...they put Science Diet to shame...if you're able to find the small print.

BUT, this is just MY opinion. I am not about to launch into some long debate about foods. I don't have the energy. Like I said, I think the owner has to make a decision for themselves, but it should be an informed one. NOT one that comes from a vet necessarily; please know that vets aren't trained in nutrition except for a couple brief days in their entire schooling, okay? AND their studies and their clinics are sponsored and survive on the $s from these dog food companies and the vaccine makers. So be sure you're getting the WHOLE picture, okay?

Little Deja deserves only the best!

Illona
cheerio

PostPosted: 09/05/03, 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is absolutely gorgeous! She already has the touching pleading eyes I love so much in the GWP. Congratulation again.
Browndog

PostPosted: 04/19/06, 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
she would have to be the most attractively marked GWP (let alone pup) I've seen! I love her solid coat and grey front socks!! Well done!

Cheers,

Browndog.
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/05/06, 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking pup. Can't wait till my litter gets here. 2nd week in June. just love puppy breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: