German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Looking for well breed Puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greenhead

PostPosted: 11/24/02, 10:11 am    Post subject: Looking for well breed Puppy Reply with quote

I'm interested in a well breed GWP Puppy. I own labs, one which is a HRCH/MH. I'm interested in hunting this dog for ducks and quail. Also would like to run hunt test. If anyone has any information about some pups please let me know.

Thanks
CT Pointers

PostPosted: 03/19/03, 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greenhead,

Please feel free to contact me with a list of states in which you're willing to search for a pup. I can then forward you a list of GWPCA breeders in those states to contact.

Happy hunting!
-Temple DaSilva
GWPCA Breeder Referral
Greenhead

PostPosted: 05/13/03, 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter to me what state it comes from. I'm new to the gwp and I'm wanting make sure the pup in from a good breeding.
Keith
Master
Master

PostPosted: 05/14/03, 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenhead be sure you get your dog from a breeder that duck hunts with their dogs. There are many wirehair breeders that just hunt upland birds. Buy from a breeder that really uses his dogs for all the species you want to hunt. I use wirehairs every hunting season for ducks, geese, quail, pheasants, woodcock and rabbits. They are fully capable of putting in a good performance on all of these game animals. But pick your breeder carefully. Look at breeders that have done hunt tests since you want to do that and also NAVHDA breeders that test for versatility.
agrippa

PostPosted: 11/27/03, 6:04 am    Post subject: Looking for puppy or rescue dog Reply with quote

I would appreciate hearing from anyone knowing of a breeder in Eastern or Central Canada or the neighbouring US States. I am looking for black so this could mean DDs as well. Many thanks.
cheerio

PostPosted: 11/28/03, 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just curious, why black? pure personal preference or is there some hiden advantages to the black GWP.
My rescue girl is black (and still fat, for those who may remember my adoption announcement post!). She does come from Canada and her breeder I was lucky to be able to track down did mention that he often has black wirehair. He is however located in western Canada. Is this too far for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: