German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Update on my GWP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butterfly
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/19/03, 9:12 pm    Post subject: Update on my GWP Reply with quote

Hi Everyone..

I've been on vacation and just got back. I don't know if you remember the problem with my dog Jake. His attitude to other dogs and people. We had to kennel him while we were gone. Found a real nice place that gave alot of attention and alot of play time and walks. As far as his problem with other dogs, that is still there. They said he would growl at the sweetest little female they had. So still got to work with him on that. As far as people goes he got along fine with everyone that took care of him and there were five different people. He showed no agggresion or anything toward them. So thats incouraging for us anyway. Still need to work on everything but looking alot better to us. Thanks for all your advice.

Butterfly
Baron
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/20/03, 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to heat Jake is showing improvement. Hopefully he is on the right track and will continue to get better.

However, watch him carefully now that he is at home. Some dogs do not perceive other people or dogs as a threat when they are away from their owners and/or territory. However, they can become territorial and aggressive when at home. Just a word of caution. Good luck with Jake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: