German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Recommended brand/model e-collar 4 water training.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwimac

PostPosted: 07/12/03, 9:12 am    Post subject: Recommended brand/model e-collar 4 water training. Reply with quote

As per subject above.Requirements:Robust,proven reliability,longevity,USA made,price is a non issue to me,only results count.Aquatic and terrestrial duality requiered.10 days from now ths topics result with the most possitive leaning to a particular mode/band will secre my purchase of said. 1st timer for an e-collar.PS how do you rate the RR-5000.Cheerz.
Baron
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/13/03, 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a training collar, I like the Tri Tronics Pro 500 XL. It has the most versatility of any collar I know of for training situations. I also like the Dogtra 2000 series when I am actually in the field hunting.
kiwimac

PostPosted: 07/14/03, 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Baron.I will check up on these models on the web.Cheerz
Keith
Master
Master

PostPosted: 07/16/03, 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT, dogtra or tritronics. All good collars.
jmw

PostPosted: 08/24/03, 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Sorry to be late on this reply, but I'd recommend DT systems. I believe they have some models with limited lifetime warranties which is really important if you and your dog hunt hard. I have one of their collars and would swear by it.
Keith
Master
Master

PostPosted: 08/25/03, 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the new dogtra 200 gold collar. I love it. I have a DT collar that has worked problem free for years. But this new collar is very small and has a 1/2 mile range with no external antenna. In addition to the nick and constant it also has a pager command (vibrating) that I love. I like it because you can get the dogs attention without a shock. Sometimes I will use the pager as a quiet recall and sometimes just to remind the dog that the collar is on. It is also small enough for my daughters cairn terrier. Since putting that collar on him he is a different dog. He used to be totally uncontrollable and had a mind of his own. Now with just an occasional tap on the pager it is like he is reading my mind. He went from being a nuisance pet to an enjoyable one with the collar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Training for field All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: