German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Rescued GWP with tattoo in right ear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWPlover

PostPosted: 10/14/11, 10:44 pm    Post subject: Rescued GWP with tattoo in right ear Reply with quote

We rescued a dog identified by the CT Humane Society as a GWP. Having had GWPs in the past, I questioned from day one that this dog is actually a GWP (but fell in love with her and brought her home anyway -- with absolutely NO regrets). She has almost no GWP facial furnishings except for a few wispy and short beard strands. She is liver with white ticking (chest, snout, and legs) with a relatively short coat; liver hairs are 3/4 inch long, white hairs are 1 inch long. She is fit and slim, but weighs in at 80 pounds of solid muscle. She appears to be about 3 years old. However, she does have a 6 digit green punched tattoo in her right ear 192***.
Is there a way to track this tattoo to find out what it means, where she came from, and what exactly she is? This is all pure curiosity, as no matter what she is, she is amazing! By far the easiest dog to train I have ever worked with. Smart, loyal, eager to please, calm, gentle, soft mouth, never tires, bionic nose!
Thanks!
dualgwp

PostPosted: 10/18/11, 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all likely hood this is a DD ,VDD German registered, and not a GWP.
I would suggest you contact the vdd GNA and let them know the number in the dogs ear. May well be a lost dog.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: