German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

2009 National Catalog
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 11/02/09, 1:42 pm    Post subject: 2009 National Catalog Reply with quote

Do I have the only catalog without a running order for the NFC stake?

BTW,
Who is the handsome GWP in the Pro Plan ad?
Rhonda
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/02/09, 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony....
You weren't the only one. Had you had one....THEN you would've been the only one!!

The National Championship was accidentally left out of the catalog.

Hey....it was still a great 50th....despite the weather!

Rhonda
bigoak

PostPosted: 11/09/09, 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronda,Were you at the same National I was at?No hospitality on Monday nights dinner.No pictures taken until late in the trial.I heard some of the dogs had left by then.I suggest that next year, we hold the National trial first and let the show have whats left! ....bigoak
Rhonda
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/09/09, 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vern;

Yes, I was at the same Nationals as you. It was unfortunate that there wasn't a "formal" hospitality on Monday night. However, as a member of a hosting club for a number of Nationals, I know that there are a thousand things to remember and some things do slip through the cracks. I can only imagine how hard it is for a board run event that had to be planned from so far away. It really is a logistical nightmare. The Nationals is a huge undertaking.

Seemed to me that there were a couple of coolers of beer and a table full of booze and the dinner was quite adequate for the belly.

As far as pictures, I was a victim of circumstance in 2002 and didn't get a picture of my RU Derby placement with Abby. It was too bad that Mike was gone (and I believe he was the only one), but I think all others were available. The derby and Amt. pictures were held off due to darkness and rain. (I know that I wasn't going to pull out my camera in that weather!)

I think that the hospitality chairperson takes care of the show stuff and the field stuff is sort of left hanging in the air. The field trial chairman and secretary have plenty to do in terms of setting courses, tending to judges, taking care of running order issues, finding gunners, bird planters, marshalls and scribes....so hospitality may have slipped their minds, too.

This year it was even easier to forget about, since the trial didn't start until Tuesday and the Hunt Test was held at the show site.

I will commit to doing the hospitality one night next year. Maybe we can get other volunteers, be it individual or clubs, to do the same. The NW really pulled through for us this year. We could even contact Gary and see if he wants to appoint a field events hospitality chair person. What do you think?

Personally, I thought it was a good time...in spite of the weather. And I was happy to be in attendance at our 50th Anniversary. I like to go and let the problems roll off my back, help when I have time (Jim and I planted for a few stakes and ran in to the water test and blanked birds) and enjoy the people and dogs.

Rhonda
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/09/09, 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm positive the field trial committee would love to have volunteers to help run the event..... hope to see more names on it next year. Give Gary a call and offer to lend a hand.
bigoak

PostPosted: 11/10/09, 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sooner the National field trial separates it self from the show ,the better off we'll be....Oak
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 11/10/09, 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigoak wrote:
The sooner the National field trial separates it self from the show ,the better off we'll be....Oak

Be careful Vern, or you will have drunk girls dropping F-bombs again... Rolling Eyes

Years ago I vowed to never attend another dog show, but there I was Sunday night watching the pretty dogs prance around the ring( with a beer in hand!!!). I had the winning dog picked the minute I laid eyes on him (I wonder what he looks like on point?).
Rhonda
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/10/09, 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony;

We were glad to have you at the show! I thought the winner was very worthy. I'm sure if you were to get ahold of Danielle, she would send you pics. I know she had an ad in the catalog, but don't remember which dog she had on point. Might want to take a gander.

Rhonda
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/11/09, 8:31 pm    Post subject: Splitting the show from the field Reply with quote

Just one question..... Why? What would improve? What is it about having the events together that bothers some so much?

Honest question.... I really would like to hear the opinions.
Bernee

PS- Tony, you do realize that those pretty dogs you watched on Sunday night included several National Champions, National Amateur Champions and about 3/4 of them were Duals? You must have a good eye if you picked the winner!
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 11/11/09, 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Splitting the show from the field Reply with quote

dualgwp wrote:
Tony, you do realize that those pretty dogs you watched on Sunday night included several National Champions, National Amateur Champions and about 3/4 of them were Duals? You must have a good eye if you picked the winner!

I rode every brace of the NFC & NAFC, and I don't recall seeing the dog that won the dog show.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/11/09, 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supposing you were watching the All star?
Am I wrong? Or were you watching the National Specialty?
Rhonda
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/12/09, 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony;

The dog that won the All-Star was a MH.

However, Blitz, Tess, Joey, Jim, Marley and several other DC were there.

Speaking of that, Bernee, are there any programs left? Or could you get one reproduced? I'd like to have a copy for my files!!

Rhonda
Jon
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 11/13/09, 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've expressed my opinions in the past.....

perhaps those of other actual GWP owners might be worth considering

http://www.versatilehpr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=853
dualgwp

PostPosted: 11/14/09, 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? We should ask those in England what we should do with our American event?

And that discussion has nothing to do with this discussion. Have you looked at the dog who won the All Star?

This is the remark I'm still wondering about....The sooner the National field trial separates it self from the show ,the better off we'll be

What are the advantages of separating the events?
Rhonda
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/14/09, 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I want to let everyone know that this is Jim West speaking on Rhonda's name. Mine has not been approved yet.

If we were worried about the hospitality, we could do it like when I was a kid and everyone brought something to the get together. Then there would be a plentiful hospitality each night. If everyone participated and took part of the responsibility it would make everyone's life easier.

Splitting the show, hunt test and the trial for Nationals doesn't make sense to me. We are a group. Both the brittanies and the vizsla hold their show and field events together and they get along just fine. We should all support each other no matter what venue an owner may choose to utilize their dog in. It is better than having a dog just laying on the couch or being thrown in a kennel all year....except the weekends the "hearty hunter" takes it out to hunt. Maybe 16 days out of 365.

As long as everything is held on separate days, each person can attend the events that they choose...and likewise, stay away from the ones that they don't choose to attend!! Not everyone knows how to groom a dog and go to a show, and not everyone owns a horse and trailer and can go to a field trial. Everyone starts somewhere and we should all help each other. The bottom line is that everybody loves their dog and the venue that they compete in. We need to open our eyes and look at the big picture. This is about the best interest of the German Wirehaired Pointer, as a breed, as a whole.

Jon, I looked at your link. It looks like a bunch of whining and laughing about the American dogs. I am sure that you folks are intelligent enough to understand that if you don't have a dog that can compete against the American dogs, get one that can. Don't complain about someone trying to fix it by using a squeaker toy to distract a certain dog or any other multitude of excuses. The bottom line, when you are competing in the US against American bred dogs and with US judges; you will be judged to the American standard. People whining because they didn't win really upsets me. Everybody thinks that they have the most correct and beautiful dog. They paid for a US opinion on Timo and got it. Dumped. Don't be kennel blind.

My words of wisdom....Train, don't complain. If you get beat, work harder and try again. Or re-dog.

Jim West
We can only be what we give ourselves the power to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: