German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

LJ's Blazing Wildfire, MH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maddog
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/11/09, 9:04 pm    Post subject: LJ's Blazing Wildfire, MH Reply with quote

Since we moved to Connecticut, I haven't kept in touch with my friends as much as I would have liked to. However, I know that they would like to know that our boy, LJ's Blazing Wildfire, MH passed away on June 22.

He lived a full happy life of 14 years and was completly spoiled every day. He provided hours of entertainment in Ionia and Highland while finishing his Sh and MH. He never would run with me on horseback, I even walked the trial at nationals while he was running. His friends knew him as Tac, out of DC/AFC Dunkees Justa Top Flite MH (Topper) and Jed's Blazing Emerald, JH (Blaze)

Our other two wires are just starting to resume a normal life. Depression was the norm for the first two weeks. I think they realized that it's time to grow up and try to fill the spot that Tac had.

We miss him very much, but now he's with his mom and dad hunting every day, in endless green fields of birds, with gunner that wont miss and frosty paws every hundred yards Smile

Steve and Lisa Kreuser
dualgwp

PostPosted: 07/13/09, 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve and Lisa, thank you for giving Tac the very best home in the world! He was a good boy, and I know how much you guys loved him.

I was in Florida the day Topper died, he was in PA being taken care of by a friend, and the phone call just stunned me. When I left home, he was in pretty good shape for 14 and I just didn't expect it.

We were renting a house on the St. John river, and I sat by the river remembering him and shedding a tear or two.... and then I looked up... here came a whole flock of Ibis's... in the lead was a large white Ibis... followed up by a gaggle of juvenile birds that were brown and white mottled. They hadn't gotten their adult feathers yet.

I just sat and watched them fly off into the distance, thinking .... there goes the old man with all his kids following in his footsteps. I still get a tear when I see his grandkids and great grandkids, accomplished dogs or a well loved couch potato.

If it weren't for all those well loved dogs out there.... well, none of us would stay in it very long. Remember Tac, we all will!
Bernee
windswept

PostPosted: 12/21/09, 4:48 pm    Post subject: Tac Reply with quote

Steve, so sorry to hear of Tac's passing but good to hear from you. We still have Taylor, 14.5 years old and she's doing well. We have 8 GWPs now and 1 wirehaired dachshund. Very busy with showing and field events. Have a great holiday!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: