German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Navhda NA test -- Two thumbs up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/04/08, 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
As Stated, Ive met the Club Breedwarden twice at 2 VDD Breedshows.
Ive also shared some telephone & Email correspondence with him over issues of registration & breeding

What exactly does Santa Claus have to do with anything here?

Im glad youve got such a good sense of humour...
Personally, I really find 'funny'... this lack of regard to breeding standards or 'Free For All" in the AKC & Parent clubs

Just a barrell of laughs.
Carry on
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/04/08, 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiskerdog1 wrote:
No
As Stated, Ive met the Club Breedwarden twice at 2 VDD Breedshows.
Ive also shared some telephone & Email correspondence with him over issues of registration & breeding

What exactly does Santa Claus have to do with anything here?

Im glad youve got such a good sense of humour...
Personally, I really find 'funny'... this lack of regard to breeding standards or 'Free For All" in the AKC & Parent clubs

Just a barrell of laughs.
Carry on

Hahaha.....I have "correspondence" with many over the years....so what?

And what you claim to be truth? According to who?

If you are so concerned with a supposed lack of regard to things by certain breed clubs (clubs you do not belong to) then why are you here? You are a VDD guy. This isn't a VDD site is it? This is the "American" drahthaar........You blab on and on and on....no matter if you are talking about your fantasy hunting adventures, running UKC events and rules, and other such drivel. You are the classic internet blow hard. You would do well to go back to V-dogs where the rest of the big story tellers hang out. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/04/08, 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Truth according to who?

According to the VDD By laws & The Breedwarden
The breeder mentioned the dog was a cull & sold as such under the stip that it wasnt going to be bred.

Quote:
You have a credibility crisis.

But You questioned Lynn & his post over the V Dogs forum, and whether I had ever corresponded with him.
I stated that I met & corresponded with him & I well know the VDD breediing restrictions.
You tried to mock that, & brought in Santa Claus.
At this point, I think its you who has a credibility crisis.

I really find the babbling comes from you.
I posed the question, as Im only interested in how the club or If the Parent club restricts breeding from such a colored dog

The Breedwarden is present at the Annual Breed Show.
Most have a chance to meet Lynn. He's a pleasant but serious fellow.

Quote:
Blowhard

Ive titled dogs in multiple venues. HRC & VDD
When youve done either (or Navhda) feel free to name call.
Ive not beat my chest or been contentious, only posed a question.
You attack everyones credentials but your own & your breed club & thats why I know that you are a poser.

Quote:
Fantasy hunting adventures

Lets see...
Elk hunting in ID, Boar hunting in TN, Bear Hunting in NC, Deer Hunting in WI & OH including Nuisance hunting, Turkey in KY, Game birds throughout the Midwest & sometimes guide (including my first waterfowl trip to Chesapeake Bay this Fall.)
And Fishing from NJ to trout in the Green River in UT.
Is that the 'fantasy' you speak of?

Youre sour because I expose you & your feeble attempts to smear, & you come unglued, as its you whose ultimately discredited.
The more you type, the more evident it is.
I feel sorry for people like you Repo, you try to mock anyone you fear or anyone that intimidates you, for some unknown reason (truth bothers you) or someone that questions that which is really indefensible..

But its been fun typing & getting to the bottom of what you really know..
Smile
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/04/08, 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lets see...
Elk hunting in ID, Boar hunting in TN, Bear Hunting in NC, Deer Hunting in WI & OH including Nuisance hunting, Turkey in KY, Game birds throughout the Midwest & sometimes guide (including my first waterfowl trip to Chesapeake Bay this Fall.)
And Fishing from NJ to trout in the Green River in UT.

First waterfowl hunt....who is the poser? You are the blowhard banging your chest.............I see lots of big game hunting..... you must leave the dog at home a lot. I don't see much for upland bird or waterfowl hunting.

Blowhard is being kind. Laughing Laughing
dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/04/08, 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the VDD, a solid liver DD is not to be bred to a black and white. Simple, straight forward. Progeny from such a breeding will not be registered, no matter how good they may appear to be!

It's so unfortunate that we here cannot enforce these types of rules, however we hope that our breeders would do their homework and understand before they breed a litter.

Solid black dogs are not permitted in the VDD and not permitted in AKC. Sure, you can register them, but they are incorrect and should never be bred. They should never have been bred in the first place.

And people wonder why many of us voted against taking out the penalty on bws?

Simple primer.....
BW can be ONLY bred to LW roaned, ticked or patched dogs
BW should never be bred to either a BW dog, or to a solid liver dog. Solid liver includes dogs with white chests or paws.

Can't get much simpler than that. Do the right thing,
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dualgwp wrote:
In the VDD, a solid liver DD is not to be bred to a black and white. Simple, straight forward. Progeny from such a breeding will not be registered, no matter how good they may appear to be!

It's so unfortunate that we here cannot enforce these types of rules, however we hope that our breeders would do their homework and understand before they breed a litter.

Solid black dogs are not permitted in the VDD and not permitted in AKC. Sure, you can register them, but they are incorrect and should never be bred. They should never have been bred in the first place.

And people wonder why many of us voted against taking out the penalty on bws?

Simple primer.....
BW can be ONLY bred to LW roaned, ticked or patched dogs
BW should never be bred to either a BW dog, or to a solid liver dog. Solid liver includes dogs with white chests or paws.

Can't get much simpler than that. Do the right thing,

Hahaha....seems to me that liver/white would have been culled in the VDD, not acceptable......so had you and your AKC cronies really followed the VDD as you seem to want to preach, your pseudo '"liver & white" hunting dog dual champ would be a cull. Just another case of the internet dog preachers basing all their decisions on "color". The pot calling the kettle black.

Yeh do the right thing....according to who? .....someone whose dog lines are POOR in the H20.....do the right thing. Laughing Laughing Laughing
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repo....
Everything you say is pretty much Garbage
Before you attempt to Bash, it might help if you actually READ the posts.

I hunt geese/ducks about every other day in season 1 exit from my home
Youre welcome to go with me. Second thought, youre not.
Id prefer better company.

I mentioned My 1st Chesapeake Bay TRIP this fall, (not 1st waterfowl Hunt) as my brother just moved to Maryland, Im looking at another DD & was invited to a hunt.
And my dog accompanies me on almost every deer hunt, especially nuisance hunting..

A nice 32 duck day..4 limits of 8 greenheads & quail later in the day.
Ive been waterfowling for years, as upland is way down in my state & traveling is required for wild birds.
Funny Repo-Ive yet to see any of your dog hunting?! We're waiting but wont hold our breath..

Last edited by whiskerdog1 on 09/05/08, 10:57 am; edited 6 times in total
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repo..said
Quote:
seems to me that liver/white would have been culled in the VDD

DD come from the Pudelpointer, as one of the 4 parent breeds
PPs are solid Braun AND/or Braun with breastflake.

Why on earth would you cull them?
Never mind, please dont answer.
I dont even want an idiotic reply to have to respond to..

The kennel that produced the dog in question is a hunting kennel, thats where Im confused as to the decision to breed.

FYI-My dog has 0 issues in the water.
In fact its the preeminant line in UKC HRC.
Of the 7-8 titled DDs/GWPs in HRC...4 are in my dogs line, including mine. Handles very well.
Try again..

Dual-youre right. Good post. Sort of the response I was looking for but wondering what, if any, the response is from the parent club?

Morning Guided hunt

dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the parent club can do nothing about it. This is a huge downfall with the AKC system, we can only educate and accept the fact there will always be those who choose to do what is good for them, and not necassarily for the future of the breed.

I agree it's only color, and I do own and have owned white/liver dogs. In the VDD that would not be acceptable, no disagreement from me on that. However, I don't have VDD dogs, I have AKC dogs and white/liver are accepted by our breed standard. Black and white is not, and solid black is not accepted ANYWHERE! There is a reason the VDD does not allow BW to solid liver breedings. They know the result can be a solid black dog.

People here are free to do as they choose, and they can breed BW to BW or to solid livers if they choose. If they choose that route, they should be ready to accept the critism for that choice and for us to make sure others out there know this is not a good breeding practice. The puppies may be good hunting dogs, and I have no doubt these are. Doesn't make the breeding correct though.

Remember, this site is run by the GWPCA, owned by the GWPCA and paid for by the GWPCA. It is our right and responsibility to keep our breed standard in front of people reading the board. Solid black is not an accepted color, period.
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats interesting Dual, & I imagine frustrating as well...

The DK club as some issues as far as outcrossing to registries is concerned. Some very divided folks & heated discussions.

Interestingly enough, I think that IF that Club and yours, were to Impose restrictions & penalties, there would be a renewed growth, committment & vigor in your club & your dogs.

I only posed the question, as Im generally trying to learn more of the GWP & the AKC.
Ive owned AKC dogs before but hadnt ever thought through the club issues etc
dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is this thing called, personal responsibility. People have the right to choose to do the correct thing, or to do the wrong thing.

The GWPCA is what it is, a group of people who admire this breed. We can decide who can and who cannot belong to our cub, but we cannot choose who can or cannot own or breed a GWP. No one has to belong to this club, they can choose to belong, or choose not to.

Because we are an AKC club, we have rules to follow and unfortunately one of those rules is that as long as the sire and dam are AKC registered, the puppies from any breeding can be registered. And if those puppies are registered they are allowed to compete, and breed down the road. We as a club have the responsibility to educate the public about the breed.

It's a funny thing. On one hand we have the VDD with members who appreciate and encourage rules and regulations. On the other hand we have GWP owners who many times refuse to follow any rules and regulations. Both systems can and have produced tremendous dogs and this breed (in both systems) have come a long way since I first became involved with them.

Frustrating, you bethca! In an open system such as ours, it truly is up to the individual to choose the right thing, or not. Most do, some don't.
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
personal responsibility

An Oxymoron in AmeriKa today
We deserve what we permit & it aint lookin good.

I appreciate your candid response though.

Curious if the UKC is tighter as far as Registry is concerned?..
Im registered there for running HRC but I know little about Breed club guidenlines etc
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
People here are free to do as they choose, and they can breed BW to BW or to solid livers if they choose. If they choose that route, they should be ready to accept the critism for that choice and for us to make sure others out there know this is not a good breeding practice. The puppies may be good hunting dogs, and I have no doubt these are. Doesn't make the breeding correct though.

That pretty much sums it up, I have no problem with it.............but my only difference is"correct" according to who? Rolling Eyes

Since 98% of all gun dogs ever bred will never be tested or run in a trial, then hunting is the primary concern to those who purchase these pups. Not some arbitrary color standard set by some group of cronies at the "hunt club" who really don't hunt. Hence the acceptance of predominately "white" GWPs........does me no good in the field or duck marsh.

PS real men who hunt with wires don't put vests on the dog........unless they are sissies. Rolling Eyes
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS real men who hunt with wires don't put vests on the dog........unless they are sissies

You define ignorance & belligerance.

That was a 19F day-see the snow? Or are you blind too?
Ive had one hypothermia scare & almost one drowning dog..
Ill never have another.. Ill vest for peace of mind.
Real Duck Hunters Vest their dogs in cold weather & Cold water, idiots dont.

The Breed Founders Were & Are hunters.
Licensed hunters with the State responsible for game management even under penalty, if its not done satisfactory in keeping numbers in check.

Still waiting on those pics of yours Repo...Wont hold our breath though
And Id say the GWP is mixed. There are trialers-which isnt hunting, there are agility people, flyball, showing, and other venues where people pursue their own interests.
As a result, the breed can & does suffer.

Last edited by whiskerdog1 on 09/05/08, 11:46 am; edited 6 times in total
dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, if someone chooses to breed Weim gray or Lab yellow GWP's that's ok as well? Just checking to see if there are any lines we won't cross.

You may not like the whiter dogs, however there are plenty that do. I get calls from hunters every week that are looking for a whiter colored dog.

Do you have a web site where we can go and take a look?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: