German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

skunk dog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butterfly
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/26/08, 11:52 am    Post subject: skunk dog Reply with quote

well our gwp tangle with a skunk. He didn't learn his lesson after the first spray. Any ideas on how to minimize the odor. He is now bannished to outside and not a happy camper not being with his people.
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 05/26/08, 10:47 pm    Post subject: skunk dog Reply with quote

Hi,

The best product I have found for dogs who have been skunked is "Stunk Off" - it is a powder that you put on them and then towel it off. I even use it for when they roll in dead stinky things.
Laughing
Cathy
Butterfly
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/27/08, 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll see if I can find it. He has had several baths in various things. Hydrogen peroxide w/baking soda and some shampoo I found at our local pet store. Didn't see any powder stuff there but I'll check their competitor. We ended up moving his kennel box to our front porch and opening the blinds so he could at least see us in the living room. He is still not happy not being in the house with us but not much else we can do right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: