German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Boarding & Training in TX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdenzin

PostPosted: 04/29/08, 9:37 am    Post subject: Boarding & Training in TX Reply with quote

I am looking at taking a job overseas for an extended period of time and I can't take my friend Zeb with me.

Zeb is a 7 1/2yr. male GWP that loves human company and loves to hunt.

While I can put Zeb into any boarding facility I would love to place him at a facility that he can also gain some "training" for the field. I use the word "training" as in he needs to be worked and shot over, I am not looking for any formalized training as in NAVHDA.

While I have done some training with Zeb I will be the first to admit that I am not the best, but he does retrieve when I do my part.

Having had this breed on and off since the late 60's I would like a place that is familar with GWP's and their disposition in training for the field.

I am hoping that some of you maybe able to help me find someone that can board and train Zeb in SE TX. If not TX then I would consider some place farther.

Any recommendations?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: