German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

I hate people!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheerio

PostPosted: 07/19/03, 12:51 pm    Post subject: I hate people!!! Reply with quote

When I was a little girl (Ok, many many moons ago...) my Father use to tell me: "Most people don't deserve their dog!"
Well, as time goes by, I have to agree with him.
2 months ago, as I was at my Vet's for one of my Belgians, I happened to meet one of my neighbour leaving with her Colley in her arms. "Just had surgery, she said quickly, he was run over by a car, on the road in front of the house". She then disapear.
Last week, I noticed the dog laying down on her front yard, and pleased that he was doing better, I thought to myself that he probably can't walk as of yet.
Yesterday however, that same neighbour phoned and ask me if I had seen her dog, the same dog that had been run over, the same dog that was laying in front of her UNFENCED yard the week before, the same dog that used to lay down in the middle of the road, the same dog that came visiting my dogs on warm afternoons, the same dog that "never leave the yard", as she then said... This morning, he was found dead on the side of the highway, about a mile away from his home.
"I don't understand, she said to me, he always stays in the neighbourhood (already a different song from the day before when "he never left the yard")! "Ah, the neighbourhood where he was run over 2 months ago?" I asked not innocently.
How difficult is it to put up a fence? How difficult is it to keep your dog inside? How difficult is it to understand that if he was run over once, he DID leave the yard and it could happen again? Are people so stupid that they really believe that a dog, unattended, kept in an unfenced yard will stay there for ever and ever? Would they?
DOGS DO LEAVE THEIR YARDS! People are stupid and it is the poor dog that pays for it...with their life! Evil or Very Mad
This person definitely did not deserve her dog! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 07/19/03, 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the same people that.. when their dog falls out of the back of their speeding pickup truck and breaks both front legs, they pick him up from the vet and say, "Well, I guess that'll teach him to be more careful!"

NEVER LET A DOG RIDE LOOSE IN THE BACK OF A TRUCK!
NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AmmoMike
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/19/03, 7:58 pm    Post subject: I hate people!!! Reply with quote

I have to agree with you on this one!!!!!
When I was about 15 or so I HAD a beautiful yellow lab. (Notice I say had)! When my Mom divorced my step dad he took my lab and threw it into the back of his truck and was leaving. some time within the 30 mile trip to his house my lab jumped out. He was on a leash also but my step dad drug him down the freeway and KILLED him.. He never noticed he jumped out of his el camino.. 60 pound lab is in your reveiw mirror and then gone and you done notice YEA RIGHT. He is a hatefull man. He also let my horse die! Told me there is no reason to run a vet bill more than the horse is worth....... Have have many more stories like this about this retch of a man but will withhold them, due to the ones of you that would drive to TX and shoot him in the knee cap and leave HIM for dead...

I learned many years ago that a animal DEPENDS on YOU as an owner to care for it. If you dont they suffer the consiquences not you...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: