German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Looking for a GWP Puppy in Minnesota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roxy143

PostPosted: 04/23/03, 4:07 pm    Post subject: Looking for a GWP Puppy in Minnesota Reply with quote

I am looking for a GWP breeder in Minnesota. My husband and I are upland game hunters and have hunted with Springer Spaniels in the past but are now interested in the GWP's. We are looking to get a puppy within the next few months. Can you refer me to a breeder? Your help is appreiciated!!

Sincerely,
Kristen
juswanrn

PostPosted: 05/29/03, 1:13 pm    Post subject: MN Looking for a Puppy Reply with quote

Did you find a puppy in MN?

Sherry
Roxy143

PostPosted: 05/30/03, 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: MN Looking for a Puppy Reply with quote

juswanrn wrote:
Did you find a puppy in MN?

Sherry

Thank you for your post. We are still looking for a GWP. We are located in Central Minnesota about 30-45 minutes north of the Twin Cities. Do you have any contact or leads to breeders in the area? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Roxy
trackindog
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 05/30/03, 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy - we too were looking in the Twin Cities area for a GWP breeder about three months ago. What we did was go to the breeder area of this site and contact breeders within this area.

We have also used the AKC breed clubs to search for our westies. I think this is the safest way to go about it unless you decide to go to rescue.

We were lucky to find a breeder from Wisconsin not far away that had bred a stud to a dog in Minnesota and will be bringing home the baby in about a month.

Good luck on your search!

Ann
Baron
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/30/03, 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roxy,

Do yourself a favor, don’t limit your search to breeders in MN. In your research, look for the best possible breeding, with dogs that possess the qualities you want in a dog. When you find it, put a deposit on a pup from that breeding. When you consider how much of a long term commitment owning this dog will be, the distance and trouble you have to go to get the pup home will pale in comparison. The most important thing is that you get the type of dog you will be happy with.
Illona
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 05/31/03, 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also, please consider checking petfinder.com. There are more and more GWPs in rescue than ever before, and I've recently run across a few that already have field training.

Illona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: