German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Water Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/12/05, 6:41 pm    Post subject: Water Test Reply with quote

I was going thru the AKC web site today and Only found 1 count them 1 water test on the whole web site. And I noticed that the only wirehair club on the east coast doesn't even offer A water test during there hunt test's. And as luck would have it my bitch will be in season for the only water test this year. So I'll have 4 SH legs and 5 Master legs and still only have a JH dog. I'm just so happy I could just $#%&. I was wanting to breed her this summer but was really wanting to have her Master done. Oh well Mad :
cheerio

PostPosted: 01/14/05, 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if the MAster and the breeding are both that important to you, there are some ways to promote the seasons of your girl early...
It may be a solution for you...
Deb Finstad
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/14/05, 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you talk to the secretary of the Palmetto Pointing Breed Club hunt test in South Carolina? From her email address I'm guessing she owns GWPs and may be a good contact to find a water test. Maybe they can add a water test to the hunt test they have scheduled right now for March 26 & 27. Never hurts to ask and if she does own GWPs this issue will hopefully come up for her dogs eventually too.

Deb
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 01/15/05, 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as per the rules only a gwp club or a weim club can have the test. I know the Darbys very well. They have the perfect grounds for a water test. We are wanting to start a GWP club but we all know this takes time.I would like to have her master before the breeding. They only way I know how bring a bitch in early is to put her up with a bitch all ready in. If there is another way please inform me.
cheerio

PostPosted: 01/16/05, 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least 2 other methods I know of, both to be used under strict veterinary guidance. The first one, with no side affect consist of using an hormone used to stop the lactation on a female.
The second is an injection of ECP, which is used for both, bringing in the heat of a females (Farmers use it constantly for their cows), and for early abortion after a mismating. Although very rare, there is a risk of pyometra associated with this treatment.
dilshan456

PostPosted: 09/29/11, 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always heard to mix some diet coke with water.. maybe put a tad of the yellow food coloring.. but the diet coke will make it less clear looking...
===================
custom essay writing services
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: