German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Hot Weather & Food Change Recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orius

PostPosted: 05/30/11, 9:57 am    Post subject: Hot Weather & Food Change Recommendations Reply with quote

Are GWP's more heat sensitive than other breeds? My 1 y/o GWP, Ronin is highly energetic, but with the warmer temperatures lately (~90 degrees) he seems to seek out shade to lay down in much more often. Even when we haven't been out for very long (15 minutes or so). He is definitely not showing any signs of heat exhaustion, but is just seems odd for such a normally high energy dog to seek out a place to lay down when there are other dogs/people to play with.

Also, have been feeding him blue buffalo dog food since I got him. He is doing great health and weight wise but continues to have soft stools. Any recommendations for a new food? Was thinking of giving "Taste Of The Wild" or "Orijen" a try.

Thanks!
Leadhead
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/01/11, 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you will find that GWP’S are smarter than most of us, and instinctively know when to seek a cool spot and slow things down
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Health Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: