German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

GWP Puppy Mid September

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiverGuideHunter

PostPosted: 07/12/10, 7:35 pm    Post subject: GWP Puppy Mid September Reply with quote

Hello All,

It's been a bit of a tough week for me as one of my best friends had to be put down this last week. After a lot of consideration, I have decided to try and find a puppy that I can work with in the fields and woods this fall. I am 25 years old, and have figured out how to have (at least for the time being) my autumn months open for hunting... a bit of a bummer considering I don't have a dog to work with yet this season.

I will be considered a trader in the old "pointing lab" circles I used to run in, but that is fine with me. I had a hell of a good dog, but am so disgusted with the health problems my last lab had that I am out to try something new. I know genetic health problems are not a non-issue in any breed, but I am hopping that with a reputable, honest breeder that has and stands behind his health guarantees, that I can eventually end up with a pup that will be a friend and hard working companion well into the next decade.

My goal is to find a pup that is born around the time of this post, and available to go home in mid- September. There won't be much "hunting" going on this fall with the pup, but I would much rather spend time training (although I realize she will be a little young) a pup in the field on wild birds than chasing after birds on my own. This pup will primarily be hunted in the midwest as the seasons will typically start with a grouse camp in MN and WI, and then over to ND for a couple of weeks, and finishing up primarily in southern MN. Waterfowl will hopefully be a big part of this dogs life as well. I am not a rich man, but understand that quality things in this world are not free. I would like to be able to watch the parents work some birds before picking the puppy up.

I appreciate in advance any help or suggestions you guys have.

Thomas
windswept

PostPosted: 09/13/10, 11:14 am    Post subject: puppy mid-Sept. Reply with quote

Did you find a puppy? We still have two males available. See our website at www.windsweptwires.com.

Lori Sargent
Windswept Wirehairs
birddog@windsweptwires.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: