German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Adopted my GWP from the Pound...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eternal_Flame

PostPosted: 05/02/10, 5:13 pm    Post subject: Adopted my GWP from the Pound... Reply with quote

Hi my name is Sashamarie and our dogs name is Lacey. We adopted her from our local humane society here. Her previous home was that she was bought for hunting and she must've not met hunting dog requirements and so she became a kennel dog for three years before being turned in. When we adopted her she had picked up kennel cough and then it turned into phenumonia. With lots of TLC she recovered and we've had her a little over a year. Her prey drive is defiantly high but has declined some due to us taking her to training classes and getting her desensatized. She's a great dog and glad we glad we adopted her. Shes a great dog and I fell in love with the breed since having her. Since having he we have noticed she isn't fond of certian type of men and I think its because she is a sensitive and was treated to harshly. So she only workes best with a happy tone and not a flat tone. She gets completly turned off if you use a flat tone with her. She overly wanteed a loving family to bring her in and give her the true love she was looking for and she scored.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: