German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Favorite Quotes-Founding Fathers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 06/25/09, 8:16 pm    Post subject: Favorite Quotes-Founding Fathers Reply with quote

My Favorite Quotes-listed on my Youtube Channel.
Feel Free to view my channel and videos..
http://www.youtube.com/user/TradCath123

'Only Congress can declare war, if we are inclined to follow the rule of law.'
- James Madison

'If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered'
-Thomas Jefferson

'Observe good faith and justice towards all Nations; cultivate peace and harmony with all.
The Nation, which indulges towards another an habitual hatred, or an habitual fondness, is in some degree a slave.
-George Washington

'Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.'
-Thomas Jefferson

'A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.'
-Thomas Jefferson

'Democracy, is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats to eat.
Liberty, is a well armed sheep protesting the vote'
-Benjamin Franklin

'If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom. Go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands that feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen'
-Samuel Adams American Patriot

'So likewise, a passionate attachment of one Nation for another produces a variety of evils. Sympathy for the favorite Nation, facilitating the illusion of an imaginary common interest, in cases where no real common interest exists, and infusing into one the enmities of the other, betrays the former into a participation in the quarrels and wars of the latter, without adequate inducement or justification.'
-George Washington

'Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!'
-Patrick Henry

'Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws'
- Mayer Amschel Rothschild, 1791

War is Peace, Love is Hate, Lies are Truth and Freedom is Slavery.
-George Orwell

'It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning'
-Henry Ford

'Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites!
For you tithe your spices and have Neglected the More Important matters of the Law: Justice, Mercy and Faith. It is these you ought to have Practiced, without Neglecting the others.'
-Jesus, Matthew 23:23

'I did Not come to bring Peace, but the sword'
-Jesus (Matthew 10:34)

'No nation has ever benefited from prolonged warfare'
-Sun Tsu

There are only 2 forces in the world, the Sword and the Spirit.
In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.
-- Napoleon Bonaparte

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?
-Ghandi

The seeds of war are sown with economic greed. If we analyze the causes of war throughout history, we find that the pursuit of economic expansion consistently leads to military adventures. There is enough for everybody's need, but not enough for anybody's gree
-Ghandi

'One of the most horrible features of war is that all the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting'
—George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia, 1938

'Control energy and you the control nations'
- Henry Kissinger

All the gold which is under or upon the earth is not enough to give in exchange for virtue.
-Plato

All wars are Fought For Money
-Socrates

Gun Control is Not about guns, Its About Control
-Unknown

Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich.
--Sir Peter Ustinov

How can you make a war on terror, if war itself is terrorism?

'Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism, because it is the merger of Corporate and Governmental powers.'
- Mussolini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: