German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

looking for a hunting GWP stud dog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VCbirddog

PostPosted: 02/22/09, 9:34 am    Post subject: looking for a hunting GWP stud dog Reply with quote

Looking for a GWP hunting stud dog.

One with
1. Good bite coat and beard. (no flats or fuzz balls)
2. Good natural bird finder( I Hunt 60% Grouse but hunt most all game birds)
3. High bird desire in the duck search and field.
4. A high level of intelligence and cooperation that make the natural bird
finder thing work.
5. A floater not a crasher.
6 Runs on the toes not on the flats of the feet.
7. Brown eyes

The Bitch''s eyes are just a touch lighter than I like but all else is top shelf She will be two this spring .WE will go for UT this year and Versatile Champion next year i hope . There is lots of UT 1 and VC in the line so I am willing to think outside the box on this breading . Help in finding a good stud dog would be appreciated
Jon
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 02/23/09, 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to send this privately...deleted.
gwp4ever

PostPosted: 03/26/09, 9:47 am    Post subject: Floater? Reply with quote

- When I first read your post, I was picturing a "floater" as a dog that glides through the water easily when swimming, and a "crasher" as a dog that has a hard time swimming, must paddle frantically and continuously to stay afloat. Afterjavascript:emoticon('Shocked')
Shocked reflecting some, I am thinking you mean how that dog goes through heavy cover.
Please explain as you have me puzzled!!!
Also, as a student of canine genetics, I urge you to get to know your female's pedigree as well as you possibly can, as this will assist you greatly in stud selection if you know what to look for and how to sort through what you find.
Meanwhile, I am thinking horrid thoughts about clumsy ponderous dogs crashing through the brush, and-more pleasant thoughts of agile dogs leaping lithely over and through the most treacherous brambles and thickets. Shocked Wink
VCbirddog

PostPosted: 03/31/09, 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GWP4EVER
A floater is a dog that glides through cover and makes very little noise. A crasher ,bulls it's way through cover. This makes a lot of noise and is very hard on the dog. I do know the line very well.
Tight line breeding with a lower coefficient for the last four generations, culling ruthlessly and producing great hunting dog's with trainability and great temperament. (also great bird finders)
Now i am willing to step out side of the line .If i can find the right stud dog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: