German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Navhda NA test -- Two thumbs up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual,
Repo.. is an AmeriKan by Gawd, & Gonna do it his own way.
Aint nobody gonna tell him how to do Nuthin. Hear me?

Dual- I feel for you & Your club.... those that try to do things the right way.
Cant you see its a losing battle with the likes of Repo?
And there are many just like him.

The addage of 'save us from ourselves' means more to me as time goes on, with the likes of him.
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dualgwp wrote:
so, if someone chooses to breed Weim gray or Lab yellow GWP's that's ok as well? Just checking to see if there are any lines we won't cross.

You may not like the whiter dogs, however there are plenty that do. I get calls from hunters every week that are looking for a whiter colored dog.

Do you have a web site where we can go and take a look?

While you may not like it, if they are purebred.......well that is their busines. This is America....... Very Happy

Quote:
You may not like the whiter dogs, however there are plenty that do. I get calls from hunters every week that are looking for a whiter colored dog.

And there are plenty that don't and prefer black.......

Quote:
The addage of 'save us from ourselves' means more to me as time goes on, with the likes of him.

What America needs to be saved from is guys like you who will tell everyone else what they should and should not be doing, as long as it jives with your "belief".

Sorry I don't want to be a sissy and dress my dogs up in a pseudo hunting vest (which does nothing) because I am an owner who does not understand what my dog/dogs can and can't handle in regard to real hunting weather conditions. Those vests are band aids sold to people who think dogs are little children and should be dressed up. Laughing

You make my point for me......you need to be led. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Repoman on 09/06/08, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repo...
You must suffer from a mental disorder

Has your dog never chased a cripple?
Obviously not

My hypothermia scare was a result of a Search For a Cripple, which resulted in an extended search, Chase, exhaustion & hypothermia..
Thats a 'real' hunting situation for many in cold temps & a real danger.

Its not a 'Pseudo vest', its a neoprene vest to ward off cold..
Im a diver/snorkel enthusiast, I wear a Vest. They work & they help. Any diver knows this.
Maybe, Youre beyond help.

But We are STILL WAITING for pictures of 'real men' with 'real dogs' that dont wear vests in cold temps.
3rd request now, Mr. Big time

Youre right though, maybe America just needs 'Free For Alls' in Breeding
Just have at it.
Get rid of registries, parent clubs, tests, titles..all of it with your endorsement on it.

Smile
dualgwp

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok gentlemen, let's call this one quits.
It's unfortunate that a discussion cannot be held with it getting personal and name calling begins.

Thanks
Repoman

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiskerdog1 wrote:
Repo...

Has your dog never chased a cripple?

I can control my hunting dog and call the dog off of game ( called handling).....I thought you were a big UKC guy.....you should know this and your dog, if it is what you say it is would and could be called off the cripple.

Quote:
My hypothermia scare was a result of a Search For a Cripple, which resulted in an extended search, Chase, exhaustion & hypothermia..
Thats a 'real' hunting situation for many in cold temps & a real danger.

See above answer.
Quote:

Its not a 'Pseudo vest', its a neoprene vest to ward off cold..
Im a diver/snorkel enthusiast, I wear a Vest.

Smile

You are not a dog, nor do you have the same physiology as a dog, hence you need the protection. If we could handle the cold ourselves we would have never bred dogs to retrieve for us out of water. Duh.... Rolling Eyes

I am done with this one........ Laughing
whiskerdog1
Master
Master

PostPosted: 09/05/08, 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Repo..
Depends on the lake & the Wind.
A dog on a Goose or Diver Crip is out of whistle range in no time..
Its happened to me & many others.
I can call off when in hearing range. UKC tests are in hearing range

Vests help in the water, Mr. Obvious, dog or man as its an insulating layer
Chessies have also died of Hypothermia

Out of water, Ill take vest off, dry dog with a towel, let dog shake & put vest back on if real cold anticipating next retreive.
Any cold weather hunters do the same. You must not hunt much on large water..

Still Waiting on the 'Real' pics..4th request now

Dual-Im done with the thread but would like Repos 'Real' Pics
Jon
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 10/07/08, 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real issue is breeding black to black. This will create black dogs that ONLY produce black, which is not desireable in the AKC standard. There is no way to tell which dogs from such breedings are "homozygous" black dogs.
As a result, serious breeders will just avoid them.

Folks who have no regard for a breed standard can't really be trusted....they should be avoided...really no telling what they are willing to do or what untruths they are willing to speak. They really don't care about a "breed"...its all about them....and their personal "statement".
RAKOWSKI33
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 11/13/08, 12:11 am    Post subject: Two Cents ..Whiskerdog. Reply with quote

I share your feelings about breeding blacks in the wirehair breed...that it needs to be strictly regulated and too many idiots are doing it who are uneducated about what the outcome will be....however, all this guy did was own a pup who placed in a NA test and he was thrilled about his score. He never said he was breeding, so why don't you find something else to do with your freetime.

Now, as for the owner of the dog....I STRENUOUSLY OBJECT to your stance on AKC Confo and what the "show people" do with their dogs and that they don't have dogs that hunt....yada yada.
The SOLE PURPOSE for conformation is so that backwoods idiots DO NOT BREED POOR SPECIMENS OF THE BREED! We see too may dogs for example with godawful YELLOW EYES that make me want to scream! The purpose of Conformation is so that consciencious breeders are breeding for a dog that has correct structure. IF it lacks this, IT CAN'T HUNT!!!!!!!!

More "field people" need to take a hard look at their dogs and what they are breeding, structurally there is ALOT of garbage out there.

By the same token..yes, more "show people" especially in wires, need to get their asses out in the field and start doing what their dogs were meant to do!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dual Champions people. Dual Champions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Field Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: