German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

permission to hunt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optprime

PostPosted: 09/14/08, 10:40 am    Post subject: permission to hunt Reply with quote

This will be my first season in South Dakota and I am seeking some advice on Door to Door hunting. I know there are some out there that have experience and wisdom when it comes to cold calling someone to hunt on their property. So please post your advice/counsel. Experiences and do's and don'ts. And generally has anyone had much success doing this?

Thanks in advance!
cjs180
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 09/16/08, 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody we talked to in SD wanted $$. Started going to ND a few years back, very easy to get on there.

A lot of people hunt the public in SD and do well. You could give that a try.

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=482
optprime

PostPosted: 09/17/08, 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks cjs180 i've have been able to check out some of public areas and have done a bit more research and think we'll be able to find some birds. But perhaps if things work out I have to spend a day or two up in ND, I've only heard good things about it.
dakotagun

PostPosted: 10/25/08, 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nd is a great place to hunt - but you'll find public land is getting harder to find and private land is tougher to gain access to, especially in sw areas. folks are still as friendly as ever, and i have been able to add to my go-to list a little bit every year, but it takes some pre-season work.
good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: