German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

new pup male vs female

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
finn

PostPosted: 02/28/08, 1:51 pm    Post subject: new pup male vs female Reply with quote

I just had to put my female gwp down on tuesday.
I am looking for a new pup, Can any one help?
2) I have allways had females. I had a bad experience with a male gsp
many years ago. Now I'm torn between a male or female gwp I've had
4 female gwp in the past 15 years. from readings i've heard that if you females in other breeds choose a male gwp. True/false. can I get som insite Please! My wife says female my daughter doesn't have an opinion she just wants a puppy. Help!
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 02/29/08, 9:10 pm    Post subject: new pup male vs female Reply with quote

Hi,

I have two males and one female. My first wire (Doc) is now 13 yrs old - I had him neutered when he was 8 yrs old (only because I was showing him in confirmation). My female (Sky) is 6 yrs old and I had her spayed when she was 4 yrs old (finished showing her in confirmation) and the latest addition to the gang (Elmo) just turned a year in November and is still intact.

I would have to say that Sky has been the easiest to deal with (except when she was in heat). Doc is fine now that he is neutered. I am sure that if I had neutered him sooner - he would have been alot more pleasant to be around.

Elmo is a bit of a pain - but not too much so.

Just guess it is up to how much hassle do you want.

Cathy
natureboy-jeff

PostPosted: 05/30/08, 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 7 week old male pups left very adorable beautiful coats and comformation. Let me know if you are still interested ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Looking for a puppy! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: