German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Dealing with dogs' waste

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anita
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 06/29/07, 11:06 pm    Post subject: Dealing with dogs' waste Reply with quote

For all of you who have multiple dogs here is a question: How do you dispose of dogs' stools?

How many of you use dog dooleys? Do any of you make your own dooleys and if so, how? We have five GWPs and two mutts and the dooleys I saw only work for 4 dogs.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Anita
Leadhead
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 07/14/07, 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a septic tank and drain field system, slimier to a closed septic system on a house. The system consist of two 55 gallon plastic barrels, 20 feet of plastic drain filed pipe, 10 feet of schedule 40 plastic pipe and the matching pipe fittings.
All the dog waste is washed into a scupper or open troth that empties into the 55-gallon drums, bacteria brake down the solids in the first drum, the liquids flow into the second drum and into the drain field and percolate through the soil and are evaporated by the sun. I have 4 dogs in the kennel most of the time and the system has been working for 28 years with no problems. If you would like more info on this e-mail me. Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: