German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Our new family member.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joahaz

PostPosted: 02/03/07, 9:00 pm    Post subject: Our new family member. Reply with quote

I just found your site last night and am one week into motherhood of a rescued GWP. My son in Colorado has wanted one and is living temporarily with his grandfather. My rescued Carrin Terrier and then my daughter's GSD have both helped lift the spirits of the Colorado situation. So how to replace those that left, we started to look for an appropriate dog in the Denver area. No luck unless we wanted a Pit bull. I was at our local Humane Society and found this special dog, the kind both my hunting son's have wanted for years. He had not been placed on the internet and had been there 3 weeks, as soon as I took him for a walk someone else wanted him. It was a challange to make it happen. My son's application was accepted and we are delighted. "Bechler" had been dumped at a rest stop practically starved at Reed Point, Montana and picked up by some local people who kept him for two months and adored him until the neighbors tried to shoot him for chasing sheep. He is gentle and about 2.5 years old. I will be taking him to my son tomorrow half way and he will return to Montana for the summer and fall hunting. We are excited and feel really privileged to have him in our family. My cat can walk by him, sort of. He loves our springer and the terrier lets him know who is boss.
marymurr
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 02/26/07, 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wonderful you adopted Bones...I didn't like that name so am happy you changed it. He is very sweet, and I believe noise shy is what the shelter told me....does your son know this?
I loved his portrait, and have it stored on my computer. Thank you for adopting him.

Mary Murray
GWP Rescue, Inc.
www.gwpca.com
"A Licensed Shelter/Fosterhome network for Wires in Need"
joahaz

PostPosted: 03/01/07, 10:06 pm    Post subject: Bechler Reply with quote

"Bechler" has come out of all the stress and trauma and is settling in. He is much better looking than any of the photos. He is in a quiet home where he is loved, but has a lot of visitors who he greets then retreats to give them distance. Walks daily and my son would like to take him off lead, but I suggest a collar, as he went too far without responding, once. I printed off a lot of the information on this site which has been helpful. He was great to travel with and just seems perfect for our extended family. Thanks for your concern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Rescue Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: