German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

Here is one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjs180
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 10/06/06, 12:59 pm    Post subject: Here is one. Reply with quote

Well here is one. I have no idea how to post a picture, but I do have one. A couple weeks back we had a so so day for the northern WI duck opener. Only had 4 ducks, should have had more but only having 3 shots kills me! Dog had some real nice long retrieves. When we got back my Father had shot a deer and thought he hit the deer high which he did. He had hit it real high and the arrow never went through so there was very little blood. They were struggling for 30 minutes already and rain was on the way. The dog is trained to trail blood. I put the dog on the trail and then proceeded to run through the woods with him pulling me. About 150 yards from where we found first blood, we found the deer. All in all, the track took about 1.5 minutes!

Any of you that hunt deer, teaching your dog to track blood is very easy and is invaluable. They will track the blood just like they track a duck, pheasant or what ever else you use them for. In WI it is now legal to use a dog to recover deer. They just have to be on a leash. Without the dog, we may not have found this deer until the next day and by that time the meat might have been spoiled.

Take care, Chris[/img][/list]
cjs180
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 12/29/06, 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally figured out how to post a pic.

Happy New Years to all!!

Chris

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=482
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: