German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

How come....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChumpChanger
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 10/05/06, 1:11 pm    Post subject: How come.... Reply with quote

There isn't a forum on this page about or for hunting with our GWPs? I find it strange and sad that there is no forum on this page titled "HUNTING". After all we own GWPs the most versatile gundog breed on the planet. I would think some would have some decent hunting(waterfowl/upland) stories and photos??
Tony
Master
Master

PostPosted: 10/07/06, 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good question. Maybe we are the only members of the GWPCA that hunt our wirehairs. Wink
grouse

PostPosted: 10/07/06, 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No your not the only ones. I love to hunt my wire haires. I have been hunting grouse the last 2 days , and will be hunting chuckars today. I would love to hear more about other peoples hunting experiances. but there shure doesn't seem to be much interest on this sight. how do you post pictures on hear. I will put some up.
itsabetsy

PostPosted: 10/07/06, 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then some of us who don't hunt our wires still think it's a good idea that those who do ought to be able to share their stories. I've never hunted and have never considered trying, but now that I own a wire and I recognize the strong instinct, I'm interested in supporting those who do hunt and I'm finding ways to foster my own dog's desire.

I hope you will all share stories and pictures.

I also have to voice my opposition to putting down a dog that does not measure up to a demanding hunter's standards. As others have said, there's a lot more a wire has to offer than just hunting.

Betsy
ReeceGWP
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 10/07/06, 12:28 pm    Post subject: Brags Board Reply with quote

I would also like to see a Brags board. I like to hear about people who get new titles on their dogs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
itsabetsy

PostPosted: 10/07/06, 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another good idea.

To be all inclusive, everybody should feel free to brag or share about whatever their dog does.

Pictures are fun for everybody to look at, I think. To post pictures on the message board, you first need to open an account with an existing image sharing website. I use Photobucket. (www.photobucket.com). Once you've registered and loaded pictures there, you can attach them to your messages. It's a bit complicated for me. I'll review the steps and get back with a detailed explanation.

Betsy
fredgaines

PostPosted: 10/09/06, 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I say just post away with your hunting stories! We need to keep these dogs in the field hunting or running field events, after all that's what they are bred to do. There is nothing worse than taking a perfect hunting dog and turning it into a beauty queen. The wirehair is the perfect all around companion dog and we all must work to keep the hunting stock pure.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 10/10/06, 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a good idea too, after all they are hunting dogs. I'm looking into it & I'll have an answer shortly.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: 10/10/06, 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new forum for hunting over GWPs has been added!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: