German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

obedience at 2006 nationals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-Mar's GWP's

PostPosted: 06/18/06, 9:42 pm    Post subject: obedience at 2006 nationals Reply with quote

I want to encourage everyone to get their dogs out there and ready for this years national obedience events.
This year we have a fabulous judge who loves our breed and is a fair and fun judge to be under.
For the first time, we are offerng PRE-NOVICE and VETERENS.
Pre-novice are for those that haven't started or finished a CD yet and who may feel they are not quite ready for off leash work. All exercises are done on leash, even the group stays.
Veterens are for those that are over 7 and who have a title in obedience and maybe want to come back out and have fun in the ring again
We are also for the FIRST TIME..OFFEREING RALLY
Rally is a fun sport that allows you to talk to your dog during competition and there are no group exercises.
It's just you and your dog going through a cousre that is set up and has signs that tell you what to do and where to go.
If your dog can walk on a loose lead, knows sit and down, you CAN DO RALLY!!!
I would love to see the biggest obedience entry ever so get out there and TRAIN!!!
Nikki
Jay-Mar's GWP's
2006 national obedience chairman
CA Huntin' Mom

PostPosted: 08/31/06, 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from California
We have a 2 yr old GWP and live 100 miles from the Nationals site.
I read this board weekly and we are SO EXCITED - can not wait to particapate.
What classes of Rally are you offering? Are there a lot of GWP's involved in Rally? Anyone sign up yet?
We have been the only one in our area. Most people around
were have never even seen a GWP?!
We use INFODOG for our Rally competitions...is that what we use to get involved in the PRE-NOVICE and Rally?
THANKS and hope to see ya soon
Cory & Hank
cmmilach
Senior
Senior

PostPosted: 09/01/06, 2:01 pm    Post subject: obedience at 2006 nationals Reply with quote

Hi,

I will be there with my 12 yr old dog, Ch. Doc's Wild Like The Wind, CD, JH, NA, NAJ, NAP, NJP. We are brushing up on our obedience & taking Rally Obedience classes. Doc has not done any obedience since he got his CD in 1994 - we do agility. He will also be entered in the Veteran's obedience plus the veteran's confirmation classes. He loves to show & this will be his time to shine.

I live in Colorado and I am just about the only wire owner who competes in agility. There are just a few of us. I do not think any of the wire owners here do Rally.

See you soon!

Cathy Milachek & the wirehaired brigade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: