German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
AKC Parent Club for the German Wirehaired Pointer

ForumForum FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Home Page   gwpca bulletin boardBulletin Board   gwpca bulletin boardGWPCA Rescue Page 

2006 National Events catalog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dualgwp

PostPosted: 05/10/06, 9:14 am    Post subject: 2006 National Events catalog Reply with quote

Hello to all my fellow GWP owners!

My name is Bernee Brawn and I am the Advertising Chair for the 2006 GWP National events. Part of my job is to get all of you to place an ad in our National Catalog. I know it may seem early to be thinking about an event in October, but summer will be over before you know it! And I don't want anyone left out.

Why would you want to place an ad in the Catalog?
Our catalog has all of the events included at our Nationals. This includes the following activities....
Supported Entries
Puppy & Veteran Sweepstakes
Show Futurity
National Specialty
Obedience, Agility, Rally (new this year)
Hunting Test
National Championships (puppy/derby/National Amateur Ch/National Ch)
Field Futurity

Whew.... that's a lot of things! And, remember, that's a lot of information on each of the dogs entered!

Our catalog ends up being a keepsake for all who attend, and are purchased by those who can't attend. Our catalogs end up across the pond, in Europe, taken home by those who attend and by those who can't attend.

I personally keep all of my catalogs from past Nationals (starting with 1980) right on my desk and they are used constantly as a reference source for pedigrees. I also love to go through my old catalogs to see pictures of dogs in the ads to see how they have changed and grown up. Names and phone numbers are in the ads, so when I need to contact someone, it's in there!

Our catalogs become a part of the history of our breed, and of our National events. Why wouldn't you want your kennel and dogs to become a part of that history?

The deadline for this years catalog is September 1, any ads received after that time will have to pay an additional $10. (This is a charge from MBF- not us!).
Here are the prices:
full page with picture $65 (no pic $55)
2nd page same breeder $55 (each xtra pic is $10)each extra page same cost
1/2 page with picture $50
1/2 page no picture $ 40

This year the catalog will be produced by MBF, so the pictures will be clear and crisp. I am attaching a guideline from MBF on how to put together an ad, what they need, how to handle photo's etc. If you have any technical questions, it would be best to contact them directly.

Putting together a catalog of this size and scope is very expensive for the club and the only way we can keep the costs down is to have your help and support!

Start thinking about your ad.......if you have any questions... don't hesitate to email me! I can help you put together whatever you would like to do. But don't put it off!!!!! Remember SEPTEMBER 1st.

Thanks everyone!
Bernee

Send your ad to:
Bernee Brawn
1408 Pineville Road
New Hope, PA 18938
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/14/06, 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernee how does the club pick there Hunt test judges for the nationals? The next nationals we have on the east coast I'd like to throw my name in the judges pool.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 05/15/06, 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hosting club suggests HT judges. The next time the Nationals are slated to be on the east coast is 2010...have a few years to go.

It would be wonderful if the southern states would get a club together. There certainly are enough of you now to do that..... and then having the Nationals on the east coast would not be such a daunting task.
gundogguru
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 05/15/06, 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are working on that now. Hopefully next year we will have a club up and running.
dualgwp

PostPosted: 08/01/06, 6:09 am    Post subject: 2006 Wild Wired West fast approaching! Reply with quote

Can you believe it's August already? Just think, October will be here before we know it, and with October, comes the GWP NATIONALS!

Back in May, I emailed as many GWPCA members as I have email addresses for, to spark your interest in placing an ad in the catalog for the Nationals.
Well, deadline to get your ads to me is September 1, a short 3 weeks from now.

If you are anything like me..... it will take you that amount of time to get your ads together, find the pictures, get an envelope, buy a stamp and mail them!!

Start planning, find those pictures, and get your ads together.

Send them to
Bernee Brawn
1408 Pineville Road
New Hope PA 18938

The information packets should be in your hands shortly, prices will be in there!
Thanks in advance to all!
Bernee Brawn
Justa GWP's
2006 National Ad Chairman
ChumpChanger
Junior
Junior

PostPosted: 08/30/06, 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry October is hunting season..... Rolling Eyes What comes in October is woodcock, grouse, pheasant, and waterfowl hunting.....that is what comes in October.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America Forum Index -> Nationals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: